Rugby League

Silly having an option of no Illawarra.

As a Dragons fan, i dont know why we cant leave it as St George Illawarra Dragons. Sure, it would be nice to have our 2010 premiership count alongside the St George Dragons tally, but ive finally accepted its not going to happen.

Calling them just The Dragons is boring. The Bulldogs and The Sharks did that in the early 2000s . Didnt last long and reverted back to Canterbury and Cronulla respectively.

2 Likes

I agree the commercial realities mean a new team will be introduced to even up the comp in the next 5 or so years, and it SHOULD be in a growth area - Perth would be perfect as it adds another timezone, it won’t. I feel like the obvious choice is a second NZ team - perhaps Christchurch.

2 Likes

South Sydney players completed a 15 hour walk from Redfern Oval to their new training complex at Maroubra’s Heffron Park from Monday night to Tuesday morning this week, as part of their pre-season plans.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Not really a good way to end the year…

Hopefully he pulls through.

5 Likes

Premiership player Stephen Crichton will leave the Panthers at the end of 2023 season.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Surprised they’ve agreed to play.

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

What a shit looking ground. Is there any real reason why it’s being played here and not at Mt Smart?

Rotorua is big on Maori culture and to spread games around NZ

1 Like

Probally part of the NRLs plan to take games to rural areas?

1 Like

Does Sky NZ not have the ability to superimpose graphics onto the field? They’ve un-characteristically painted the centre logos on the field for the match today (and they’re off centre…).

1 Like

The painted logos always look better I think!

1 Like

Maori and Indigenous teams split this afternoon’s All-Star matches at Rotorua. Maori won the women’s match 16-12.

Indigenous team came from behind and won the men’s clash 28-24, thanks to a Selwyn Cobbo hat-trick within 12 minutes of the second half.

Today’s attendance was 17,644.

3 Likes

They did superimpose the Doordash and Harvey Norman logos on both halves of the playing field.

2 Likes

Yeah but I would have assumed they would superimpose all of them like during the regular season.

1 Like