Royal Wedding 2018

Very surprised Kochie will be involved. Thought he would be busy in China.

Maybe Kochie will be in China in the week leading up to the AFL match (Gold Coast v Port Adelaide) in Shanghai, before flying direct to London to meet the rest of Sunrise team?

2 Likes

From my blog in 2011 there was no SBS coverage

SBS has decided not to partake in all this wedding excitement and its main channel SBS1 will broadcast its normal Friday night fare, including its late-night ‘adults only’ series How To Get More Sex

1 Like

The coverage from sunrise is the week leading up to China though.

Oops, I just realise that. So Kochie will only be able to spend 1-2 days max in China (if he chooses to) before flying to London.

2 Likes

For a young monarch like yourself your English could be better. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well no. He will go from London to China.

1 Like

7, ABC and SBS are all putting more into this than they did for William & Kate, that surprises me!

2 Likes

10 will release their details in a few weeks time. I’m sure they’ll be coverage of some sort on Saturday week

They should have put more into William’s wedding than Harry’s since he is higher up the succession order to the throne and is more likely to be King. Why does Harry deserve more than his brother?

Does it really matter? I don’t think William is sitting at home in a sulk because his younger brother might be getting more wedding coverage in Australia than he was. Also William’s wedding was 7 years ago things do change over time.

6 Likes

So you’re saying future royal weddings will all be covered better than the last just because of how TV likes to hype things up more than they really should be these days? I don’t like that or agree with it one bit.

I’m not saying that but what happened 7 years ago doesn’t have to be the same as now.

2 Likes

If anything, the ratings last time around suggested those networks that ignored it or gave it little coverage last time should do more.

2 Likes

With the FTA landscape changing dramatically since 2011 and all channels putting in lots of effort for coverage, it’ll be very interesting to see how the audience is split and whether this ‘cancelling each other out’ factor will be relevant. Almost to the point of saturation and overwhelming. Plus, as has been mentioned, AFL fans who aren’t interested in the Royal Wedding (any news on channel arrangements for that yet @TV.Cynic?)

1 Like

Media Spy has received the Seven program schedules but there is an embargoed until Sunday.

6 Likes

The Foxtel advanced listings states Seven’s Royal Wedding coverage will be on the main channel in Melbourne with the AFL (St Kilda v Collingwood) airing on 7mate

3 Likes

Probably the right decision then, especially given the AFL teams playing. I just wanted to pose the question about Royal Weddings in the current television climate.

1 Like

I guess 7mate then for both AFL matches then?(Swans-Dockers ota in NSW and WA.)

1 Like

My opinion on how the Seven coverage should look like.

6-6:30 Seven News | Seven (as per normal)

6:30 - 11:30 AFL: St Kilda vs Collingwood | 7MateHD (all states)

6:30 - 7:00 Seven News (networked from HSV or ATN) | Seven (all states)

7:00 - when event finishes: Seven News Special | Seven (all states)

Or the AFL should have given a bye for that round instead of the mid year one.

1 Like