Roseanne, Barred

Even better, ban her from twitter too.

2 Likes

This was bound to happen very quickly. Roseanne’s Twitter has had far worse than this in the past, like I said when it was first announced it was mind blowing that ABC would take such a risk because based on her Twitter posts in recent years, she’s not just a trump supporter (which would be perfectly fine) but also a crazy conspiracy theorist and she has made some truly insane Twitter posts.

Looking forward to her debut on something like Infowars in the future. :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of the lady before but ‘Trump’ and 'Conspiracy Theorist 'don’t mix.

Exactly mate, it’s 2018 not 1978. We’re supposed to have higher standards in society. If someone has to swear all the time, there’s probably something wrong with them.

It’s sad how Australians have trouble seeing racism, it happens every time, the Hey Hey incident, Adam Goodes/Eddie. We are blind to prejudice when it doesn’t effect us.

1 Like

And we have higher standards on racism, sexism and homophobia which means we won’t tolerate them.

8 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

Swearing is inconsequential compared to racism and bigoted thoughts.

1 Like

The punishment depends on the intent. It’s one tweet for god’s sake. A public hounding is sufficient enough.

2 Likes

Certain descriptive language with racist connotations is always going to be off limits (especially in the US), no questions asked. She would have known this signing with a network for this season and I have no doubt her contract would mention that if she fucks up once on social media she’s out the door.

1 Like

I don’t think that tweet was an isolated incident

2 Likes

Well that is what the media reports are reporting.

She is entitled to freedom of speech but good on ABC for standing up for their core values and not allowing these sorts of racists to get away with making such horrific comments. About bloody time!

1 Like

Happy to be corrected here, but I believe Ten acquired Roseanne through their CBS output deal? ABC is just a financier and the US broadcaster.

I don’t believe so, no.

1 Like

I had a look on the Freeview TV website and notice that a repeat of Roseanne on 11 was scheduled on Wednesday 6 June 2018 at 7PM after Neighbours. Is that about to change or not?

Yes, this will be updated. Ten has dropped the show completely, effective immediately.

1 Like

All content has now been removed from TenPlay.

its scheduled for tonight as well

1 Like

She went on a bizarre twitter tirade targeting Valarie Jarett, Chelsea Clinton, George Soros, filled in right-wing conspiracy theories and racist overtones. Well done to ABC and Network Ten for standing on the high ground and axing the show

4 Likes

I wonder if someone is sitting on Trump’s thumbs at the moment stopping him from responding.

2 Likes