Regional Radio (non-SCA)

More today from Hot Tomato, as you can see, they love Red Hot Chili Peppers.

More added:

SAVE TONIGHT - EAGLE-EYE CHERRY
WASTING TIME - BERNARD FANNING
BREAK MY STRIDE - UNIQUE II
BETTER MAN - PEARL JAM
ONLY TO BE WITH YOU - ROACHFORD
LONG DAY - MATCHBOX 20
RIGHT IN THE NIGHT - JAM ANDAMP; SPOON
PEPPER - BUTTHOLE SURFERS
CLOSER TO FREE - BODEANS

CRASH & BURN - SAVAGE GARDEN
HEART SHAPED BOX - NIRVANA
WRAP ME UP - ALEX PARTY
POLYESTER GIRL - REGURGITATOR
INFINITY - GURU JOSH
MOUNTAIN - CHOCOLATE STARFISH
YOU GOTTA BE - DESREE
ENTER SANDMAN - METALLICA
THE DAY YOU WENT AWAY - WENDY MATTHEWS
GIMME LITTLE SIGN - PETER ANDRE
LAST KISS - PEARL JAM
RHYTHM IS A DANCER - SNAP
SONG 2 - BLUR
STAY (I MISSED YOU) - LISA LOEB
WASTE A MOMENT - KINGS OF LEON
JOYRIDE - ROXETTE
SMOOTH - SANTANA
WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS - ANNIE LENNOX
GLYCERINE - BUSH

LOVE & DEVOTION - REAL MCCOY
BODYROCK - MOBY
RING RING RING - DE LA SOUL
DAF (CASCADING DOWN) - POWDERFINGER
DECEMBER 63 (OH WHAT A NIGHT) - FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS
OTHERSIDE - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
SWEET DREAMS - LA BOUCHE
EASY - FAITH NO MORE
BETTER OFF ALONE - ALICE DEEJAY

LAST NIGHT:

I DON’T WANNA MISS A THING - AEROSMITH
JUST A GIRL - NO DOUBT
RESCUE ME - MADONNA
3AM - MATCHBOX 20
NO SCRUBS - TLC
SELLING THE DRAMA - LIVE
THAT’S THE WAY LOVE GOES - JANET JACKSON
SOUL TO SQUEEZE - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
MISSING - EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL
ONE - U2
THE SONG FORMERLY KNOWN AS - REGURGITATOR
CONSTANT CRAVING - K D LANG
NOW THAT WE FOUND LOVE - HEAVY D & THE BOYZ
THUNDERSTRUCK - AC/DC
BELIEVE - CHER
WONDERWALL - OASIS
GIVE IT UP - CUT N MOVE
FALL AT YOUR FEET - CROWDED HOUSE
GOTTA BE…MOVIN’ ON UP - PM DAWN
THE STRANGEST PARTY - INXS
TOGETHER AGAIN - JANET JACKSON

Sunday morning:

TEQUILA - ALT & THE LOST CIVILIZATION
THANK YOU - ALANIS MORISSETTE
SELLING THE DRAMA - LIVE
A LITTLE BIT - PANDORA
SOUL TO SQUEEZE - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT - FIVE
ROLL WITH IT - OASIS
SHOCKED - KYLIE MINOGUE
WHEN I GROW UP - GARBAGE
THERE’S NOTHING I WON’T DO - JX
LOSING MY RELIGION - R.E.M.
I KISSED A GIRL - JILL SOBULE
ALREADY GONE - POWDERFINGER

Tonight:

LIVE - PEARL JAM
LUCKY STAR - MADONNA
ON THE BEACH - CHRIS REA
MAD SEASON - MATCHBOX 20
PUMP UP THE JAM - TECHNOTRONIC
GROOVE IS IN THE HEART - DEEE-LITE
FLAGPOLE SITTA - HARVEY DANGER
GOOD VIBRATIONS - MARKY MARK AND THE FUNKY BUNCH
SOMEBODY’S CRYING - CHRIS ISAAK
WEIR - KILLING HEIDI
GO WEST - PET SHOP BOYS
NEXT YEAR - FOO FIGHTERS
BOOM BOOM BOOM - THE OUTHERE BROTHERS
CRY - MAVIS’S
BLUE SKY MINE - MIDNIGHT OIL
SHOW ME LOVE - ROBYN
SLAVE - JAMES REYNE
TOO CLOSE - NEXT
INTERSTATE LOVE SONG - STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
MMMBOP - HANSON
WEATHER WITH YOU - CROWDED HOUSE
BABY ONE MORE TIME - BRITNEY SPEARS
SEX AND CANDY - MARCY PLAYGROUND
THE BIG L - ROXETTE

1 Like

I agree, submit your feedback and let them know.

There would be a keen market for the 80’s on the Gold Coast as 94.1 is too old and Gold 92.5 has moved younger.

Incidentally, Dan and Hans have changed the station positioned from the best music of the 80’s, 90’s and now to the Gold Coast’s best music.

Agree, it’s a horribly formatted station. Of all the songs you could populate a playlist with and it is so narrow.

4 Likes

Some good ones there (DAF-Powerfinger) but there are some horrid ones there also (Believe-Cher)

2 Likes

I heard there is going to be a change coming up soon. Have you had any problem getting onto their Web pages? I have for the past few weeks.

1 Like

Ive heard that too mate. Ill believe it when I see it.

2 Likes

Looks like there’s a Content Director role going for all 4 stations (2QN, 3NE & Edge)

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/north-east-broadcasters-rich-rivers-radio-cd

1 Like

The stations are a total mess at the moment. There was going to be a big change last December and it never happen, but going by that it looks like they are trying to get something in place and hopefully there is a change coming soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve noticed that B-Rock in Bathurst now has their playlist posted on their website, going back to a week: http://www.brockfm.com.au/

This could make for an interesting comparison with Triple M & Rebel FM as far as rock stations in Australia go. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have heard there will be new web pages soon… When they get the new Content Director change will happen, what I have been told. Their biggest problem is the music and programing. There has been a lot of complaints about the music on the Edge stations since the start of the year.

2 Likes

It manages to be both all over the place and too repetitive - you’d hear a similar rotation in January as you would in April.

This is good to hear - hope they’ll go with Aiir’s CMS (currently used by 97.3 Coast FM & 6mm Mandurah WA)

2 Likes

Hopefully with some better hostin too. The current websites take ages to load because they’re hosted in house - from what I can tell they’re using an old computer that can barely run Wordpress and the ADSL connection in Wangaratta.

2 Likes

Very true mate, I swear it has been the same playlist for the past 4 year, 24/7. The only thing that they change is the newer music and they will repeat that new song every 2 to 3 hours. The other day between midday to 5PM I heard Touch by Little Mix 4 times between those hours. Its just very lazy programing.

It need to change in a big way to get their listeners and customers back, if they don’t I think they will be in trouble.

I heard that they are going to start steaming again in June or July.

3 Likes

theinsider, do you know if they have found an new Content Director?

Edge has heaps of potential. Hope they get it right

3 Likes

Me too mate

Possibly way off topic and in the wrong section but I think Melbourne is desperate for a station similar to Hot Tomatoe or Edge. I’m mid 40’s and craving for a “real music variety” type station 80’s, 90’s to now. Love the old stuff but also love the current hits. I find myself flicking between Triple M, Smooth and the 3 hits stations (Nova, Kiss & Fox). Go on holidays to the Gold Coast and hear stations like hot tomatoe and love it plus love the local and live feel. Can only hope for change!!

2 Likes

We’ve got one - Gold 104.3

Gold never play any new music. I get sick of hearing old music all the time. I think 96fm in Perth play new and old. Melbourne and Sydney radio landscape is to tight.

2 Likes

I am 42 and love the SCA Greatest Hits from the 80’s to now format. I am a fan of the old mixed with the new stuff, but not a big fan of some of the top 40 teeny pop stuff that Hit flogs to death.

If Edge had a “Real Music Variety from the 80’s, 90’s and Now” format with less of the top 40 teeny pop stuff and more of the top rock, pop rock and alternative new songs and have a “No Repeat Workday” I think they would be on a winner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I personally hate the ‘variety’ stations. I like all music but I find most variety stations are bland, boring, safe and repetitive. I like the specific format of stations and don’t mind flicking around. NZ Radio does this and all their stations sound 200% better.

3 Likes