Regional Radio (non-SCA)

@QldFES and @QPSMEDIA added to the RDS during event.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too when driving home from work before. Nice touch! And lets not forget the original phone number tonight!

Thatā€™s great to see!

The only downside about these occasions is that it also highlights how often they arenā€™t live and local (particularly in comparison to say the 1980s, Iā€™m sure the old 4SS would have been live and local most evenings).

2 Likes

Great to hear the Sunshine Coastā€™s Mix FM run a four day Australian music feature.

I heard Carli McFarland sign off this afternoon, usually that shift is from the Gold Coast?

1 Like

91.9 SEA sunshine coastā€¦ (yes I work there) are live with clubcast from Aussieworldā€¦ with all music played by DJā€™s live from the eventā€¦ DJ Tim Torque and Sean bannister on the decks

Commercial free until 11pmā€¦ have a listen on the streaming if your interested :slight_smile:

What a shame to miss that. Good ol Tim, another evergreen DJ, picks up where he left off from his Wild days.

Good on sales and all for making it worthwhile.

Another big plus for diversity of ownership.

SCB is the wild fmā€™s retirement homeā€¦ Ryan Khay (now gone), Lee Bevington, Tim and Myself all were part of Wild.

I pulled the occasional mid dawn shift with Chappo and myself doing their engineeringā€¦ all with burnseys blessingā€¦ anything to piss b105 off back then!

2 Likes

G,day Guys,

102.5 The Edge finally got a new Breakfast Announcer last week after 2 months without one. She has not been on air this week. Has anyone heard what happen?

2 Likes

Hot Tomato M - Th weeknights following the conclusion of the Galey, Mal and Moyra show at 7pm now run the hour daily highlight of K&J.

Quite good radio, well run with callers.

Iā€™ve just noticed on their website that C91.3 in Campbelltown is now streaming online. Itā€™s not available via RadioApp as yet.

The above development means that, finally, every commercial radio station in the Sydney/Central Coast/Illawarra regions can now be streamed online.

4 Likes

I note Newcastle is conspicuous by its absence on that sentence of yours, thanks to the RDS-less and streamless NEW FM!

1 Like

New FM have been streaming for the last few months

New FM does stream online. The reason I didnā€™t mention Newcastle is because 2HD doesnā€™t stream online, but then again, a lot of the programming on the station is also heard on 2SM.

3 Likes

ah thanks, I wonder how I missed thatā€¦

Gday Guys,
There has been a survey done in Deniliquin about the local radio stations. The results are in the following link. :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s hardly comprehensive and a survey designed to get responses from the grumpier side of the community, but very interesting none the less.

That said, I donā€™t disagree. Using a computer to schedule music with minimal human interaction is never going to give a result that sounds terribly cohesive.

2 Likes

True mate. What I got told that there was around 200 people surveyed. Its been a mess for the pass 5+ years.

1 Like

Hot Tomato are running all 90ā€™s over the Easter long weekend.

Block themed programming in terms of days and days is not something you hear often on Hot Tomato.

At night, the music is usually dayparted. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve heard the last 40 mins or so

ALWAYS AND EVER - SOUTHERN SONS
RUN AWAY - REAL MCCOY
BORN SLIPPY - UNDERWORLD
MYSTERIOUS WAYS - U2
SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST - VANESSA WILLIAMS
I WILL SURVIVE - CAKE
LAST TRAIN - KLF
MY HERO - FOO FIGHTERS
MAN ON THE MOON - R.E.M.
THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER - D:REAM
RUNAWAY TRAIN - SOUL ASYLUM
FAIRGROUND - SIMPLY RED

3 Likes

Just not as good as the 80s Iā€™m afraid, Hot Tomato!

Itā€™s true. The 80s rules :slight_smile:
When browsing in the car itā€™s a rarity when I hear two songs in a row I like on iheart 90s

3 Likes