Regional Radio (non-SCA)

We had a top rating format on Classic Rock 102.5 and then they decided to do some of the programming out of Wangaratta. We had no say. We had disgruntled listeners ringing up the station about the change in music, there was nothing that we could do about it and the rest was history.

1 Like

Ive heard so many stories about this mate and it is not getting any better :fearful:

Yep…I have heard that too.

1 Like

You should ask me about the News Department

1 Like

Did the same thing happen to you too mate? I wondered what happen to you. You sound really good as a news reader. I thought you must of offered another job elsewhere.

I wish! Let go in late-October 2015 just before my probation period finished. Utterly devastating. But thanks for liking my bulletins

1 Like

Sorry to hear… The biggest problem is those knobs in Wangaratta have to much say. You probably were a threat to them.

bad corporate culture

Hot Tomato Gold Coast ran a George Michael special at 6pm.

Craig Collett (Big Kahuna) hosted the midday - 6pm shift. Voice of the tribute from 6pm. 7 songs, good grabs and content. Well prepared.

Many George Michael songs played throughout the day, callers + interview grabs.

Gold FM did similar, unsure of SEA or community stations.

1 Like

91.9 Sea FM Sunshine Coast is running H&A for weekday drive.

No SCA metro or SCA regional I’ve heard is running it.

Why are they?

I think simply because they are not owned by SCA they do not have to toe the network line, they can program as they see fit. They obviously see value in doing this.

Hamish and Andy’s “collectors edition” is back across the Hit network on Monday. It has only taken off the past 2 weeks since Christmas.

Aren’t they not back until March? Seems pointless, jeez put Rove & Sam on drive or something, do something different.

It’s a shame opposing stations don’t seize upon the fact the drive show isn’t live, direct people to a relevant show living in the present.

I’ve just noticed on their websites that 2BS & B-Rock in Bathurst are now streaming online. Both have been listed on RadioApp for the past month but no mention of the ‘Listen Live’ option on their websites until fairly recently (ie. since I last checked).

B-Rock is one of the few rock stations in Australia that doesn’t take NRL/AFL, unlike Triple M. 2BS is mostly a relay service of 2GB, with local breakfast & drive programs (similar to 2LT in neighbouring Lithgow).

2 Likes

B Rock is taking Luke Bona’s overnight show from MMM Sydney.

Luke is B Rock’s inaugural PD, launching it in 1996, station has just clocked up 20 years last month.

B Rock has a very favourable technical spec being on Mt Ovens at an OD 10kW ERP.

This provides great coverage north, west towards Orange and south. East is limited to lower altitudes due to co-channel interference from Chatswood’s 2NSB.

It was great to hear Luke’s credit to B - Rock for launching his career and a hello to Ben Hope and other staff there.

Former 90.9 Sea FM breakfast presenter Paul Gale will join Mal Lees & Moyra Major for Hot Tomato’s drive program from Wednesday 1st February. It will be titled Galey, Mal & Moyra, airing at 3-7pm weekdays.

Source: Radioinfo

Great to see Paul gale join hot tomato drive why did sca not sign Paul up to gold fm drive ??
I guess a new challenge , fresh start
With a very strong drive team ever hot tomato should do very well this year

Yes Brock is limited to the east by 2NSB on 99.3. Heading towards Sydney on the GWH it is very strong in Blackheath to the point of causing splatter on the 99.5 Move Fm Katoomba service. However by Katoomba Brock cannot be received because of 2NSB. On the Bells Line, Brock can be received to Mt Tomha where 2NSB then is received in its place. I get Brock over 2NSB at my location in Stanhope Gardens as I have great LOS to the west, and a obstructed view to east, this is why our TV reception comes from Kurrajong Heights.

3 Likes

Mix FM and Sea FM Sunshine Coast are live and local tonight due to a bushfire emergency at Perigian Spings

1 Like