Regional Affiliation Swap 2021

Wonder what WIN will do in NNSW

2 Likes

Good question :man_shrugging:

Sky News in NNSW/SA/Griffith in lieu of 10 Shake?

1 Like

Also no mention of WIN WA, yet we’re definitely getting the promos on air.

3 Likes

Business as usual, probably. Nothing can really change aside from the likely removal of WIN branding.

3 Likes

Deal commences for SCA and Ten July 1 :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

no way.

5 Likes

:scream:
tenor (18)

9 Likes

Never would’ve guessed.

8 Likes

Does TVSN not just travel around with 10s affiliation? Why would it stay with WIN outside of NNSW and their solus markets?

3 Likes

WIN WA goes back to being a 9/10 affiliate? :rofl:

Have heard nothing on what will air on JVs on July 1st. Hopefully a heavily discounted deal is secured to get 10 onto JVs, especially since Mildura and WA are running into the red.

Probably a better outcome to have the higher rating Nine programming secured over the lower rating 10 this time around.

It was very dire last time when WIN went to 10 and the higher rating Nine was left in the dark in some areas.

2 Likes

Some have doubted it starting then though. Yes it’s logical. But internally I have had it confirmed.
The deal was struck last week from what I was told.

1 Like

Perhaps SCA’s efforts will just be a crawler during programming in the days leading up to the swap?

4 Likes

I don’t think they care too much, they just want to be in as many markets as possible. Seven Darwin carries TVSN, very likely they’ll hop onboard Seven Tasmania as well if WIN doesn’t carry them.

4 Likes

Assumption??? um no I fact check my stories with WIN and SCA prior to publication.

5 Likes

This should help

22 Likes

Thanks for the information @KevinPerry

So VAST’s weird numbering is intentional. I wonder why they can’t use 81?

3 Likes

how do you get western victoria having 155,000 people ??? ballarat alone had 99,000

2 Likes

Ah ok I see. I didn’t know 7 Darwin carried TVSN.
Do you happen to know who handles the carriage deals for TVSN? Is it 10 or TVSN themselves? I’ve always thought it was just tied to 10 since it jumped from SCA to WIN in the first swap.

3 Likes

The whole “but viewers won’t know” most people I know who watch FTA still either use the EPG or just channel surf till they find what they want.
It’s like going to into a hotel and then surfing the find the shows/channels you want, maybe a bit confusing the first time but people get the hang of it

I think it’s a bit of a beat up to be honest.

Is it the right thing to advise, yes. But will it be the end of the world? No

3 Likes

I’ve updated my XMLEPG lists to reflect how it will look post-July for each area

Australian TV Channel List - XMLEPG

17 Likes