Ready Steady Cook

Upfronts 2024

A brand-new incarnation of the much-loved cooking show Ready Steady Cook is primed to hook Friday night audiences. The host? None other than the Prince of Paella… the God of Gazpacho… the incredible Miguel Maestre.

5 Likes

Now this is one commission I’m into.

Great, harmless Friday night fun.

8 Likes

Fantastic. This will be great.

1 Like

TEAM TOMATO FOR LIFE.

4 Likes

Also a good way to keep Miguel at 10.

2 Likes

They could have gone back to the past and got Peter Everett back too in some capacity . I forgot what happened but they replaced him with Colin Lane and the show wasn’t the same.

He was doing a show on Youtube trying to get picked up by a network I think last time I saw him .

I guess Miguel isn’t too much different. He’s likeable. This should be good.

1 Like

Also a bit different to the competition with lifestyle shows too. Miguel is great; will bring some good energy and chaos to the show.

They’ll need to go early with this and keep it consistent for it to work.

2 Likes

None of us expected this. Not often thst a stripped show gets moved to a once a week type format either. Good to have new content on a Friday

3 Likes

A lot of people were very angry over the host change, I preferred Colin Lane over Peter Everret who I always found overbearing as a host.

4 Likes

It will be a great opportunity for up and coming chefs and former MasterChef contestants to display their cooking skills in a casual atmosphere.

4 Likes

Juat like The Cook Up with Adam Liaw om SBS Food, :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Ready Steady Cook stays true eith the original- with the 20 minute challenge and the quickie (was it a 10 minute cook?)

1 Like

You know they’ll drag it out so its 90-100 minutes long

1 Like

Haha. Sad, but so true.

1 Like

More than an hour and it’ll be overcooked IMO…

1 Like

The show will be produced by Endemol Shine Australia and filmed in Sydney.

Casting is now open: CAST IT REACH

1 Like
4 Likes

Audience tickets are now available from Eventbrite website to the taping of the show. It will take place at 10’s Sydney studios on January 30, February 1, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 20 and 21. Age limit is 11+.

4 Likes

There are filming dates, with 2 sessions each day. So it looks like it will be a 20 episode run.

Assuming it will still be a weekly show? Compared to a daily show like the original?

1 Like

It will be a weekly show, taking over the Friday 7.30pm timeslot once the current season of The Graham Norton Show finishes (expected anywhere from late February to mid March).

3 Likes

Thanks.
That’s right, i forgot that it was to air on Fridays.

1 Like