Random TV History

I think you can but it can be a bit challenging. Terrain is an issue between Tenterfield and Passchendaele Ridge for the UHF DTV signals.

3 Likes

The full version of SBS’s “Sweet Lullaby” station promo.

YouTube: AbhiG

2 Likes

Seems strange for the YouTube user to describe it as an SBS theme song. It is a piece of music and video clip that was used by SBS as part of an ident, much like MacArthur Park or many other songs have been used by TV stations over the years. It’s on Deep Forest’s YouTube channel.

2 Likes

The YouTuber obviously didn’t know of its true origins… they wouldn’t be the first to make that mistake.

1 Like
2 Likes

I have a photo of it when I went to GTV in September:

There is also pictures of Peter Hitchener, Brian Naylor and Sir Eric Pierce in that order going down the stairs to the sets on the first floor. The newsroom is on the second floor, with regional/live cross on the newsroom floor.

3 Likes

Any thoughts? Wonder if it will be a drama? Young Doctors revival?

3rd time lucky, perhaps. There were plans to do this years ago, once at Ten and once at Nine, but nothing happened.

Surely it’s Kath & Kim.

It’s already been announced that Kath and Kim with have a reunion special and no it’s not tomorrow.

Yes I know – a new series though

Is it a series though? I thought it was just a one-episode special.

Rockwiz reboot on Foxtel.

1 Like

Hopefully Water Rats.

1 Like

A Country Practice

1 Like

As this is the Random TV History thread - 28 years ago on Sunday the 16th October 1994, TasTV disappeared and WIN TV started broadcasting.

6 Likes

Foxtel announced this morning that the Rockwiz reboot would film in Melbourne from this November with same hosts (Brian Nankervis and Julia Zemiro) and a new Rockwiz Orkestra, and premiere on Fox8 next year.

I’m a bit disappointed that the producers chose Foxtel over SBS for the reboot.

(Continue discussion over at the Fox8 thread)

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because Foxtel provided the money to reboot the show.

3 Likes

There were a couple of brand changes in Victoria that year as SCN started taking the ten branding in May and we lost VIC TV 28 years ago today.

1 Like

Do we know how it came to be that ALL mainland state capitals all got the same VHF channels in the analogue era (being 2, 7, 9 and 10, once ATV and TVQ moved from 0 to 10 in the 1980s). As technically it would have been possible to allocate say 3, 6, 8 and 11 instead.

1 Like