Random Thread

I’ve done it once lol. I think October is acceptable and one year I just did it the weekend before :sweat_smile: It’s not the norm tho.

2 Likes

October (like September) is barely acceptable, but anytime before and I’m sorry, but you have to get out, I don’t want to see a Christmas Tree in the middle of August.

1 Like

Meh. If the shops can do it. I can do it. Plus I like the ambience of the house with the tree lights on. Why only enjoy it for a month or so? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I leave mine up for three months, November, December and January. It’s an atmosphere like no other, warm and welcoming, that’s why I love it.

1 Like

Apparently Costco already have their Christmas stock out on display in their warehouses.

I can’t see myself as I am just out the 5km radius of one plus lockdown doesn’t help either.

3 Likes

No. A thousand times, no. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Christmas Tree goes up no earlier than 1st December. That 24 days of advent. Then you leave it up for the 12 days of Christmas and take it down on the Epiphany on 6 January.

3 Likes

Why does this format of speech remind me of Antonio?

1 Like

I don’t see the point. I’d leave it up all year if I didn’t actually enjoy that cleansing feel when you do eventually take it down :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The point is tradition. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks JC.

1 Like

Our Show weekend is often the last weekend in November and that’s often the time a lot of people around here do their Christmas Trees and decorations with the long weekend.

1 Like

Like marriage between a man and a woman? Let people do what they want it’s just tacky Chinese made decorations, I would have thought that would have upset you more

1 Like

Trolling me again, Boxhead? :rofl:

I’m not enforcing a law. I’m explaining traditions. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’re the one who wears the flag like a cape

1 Like

So you keep saying, but clearly you lie. Where did I relate Christmas trees to anything like that? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Get a room you two. :rofl:

3 Likes

They’re already out for Costco shoppers.

The Queen Victoria Building in Sydney erected a huge decorated tree in the centre last week. They’re calling it the “2020 Tree” and claim it isn’t their official christmas tree. Apparently it’s just there to cheer people up. I call it a cynical attempt to extend the season and irritate people by having a constant reminder that Christmas will be a sad and trying occasion for many this year. It looks like a fucking Christmas tree to me and occupies the space the usual tree does.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/major-retailer-already-selling-christmas-trees-and-decorations-and-people-are-mad/news-story/a7897f9c05299f037fd7234da4e34792

2 Likes

It was reported a couple of days ago that Kim Yo-jong has vanished from sight. She was last seen on 27 July. There are rumours that she is out of favour and probably now not the leading contender to succeed her brother.

6 News appears to subscribe to AAP, according to their copyright statement.

2 Likes

Being on the spectrum myself (as I’ve pointed out a few times before - and indeed would like others to if they’re comfortable enough doing so), I’m in absolutely no position to pick on autistics and of course apologise if that’s the impression you got from me.

I am however, perfectly fine with pointing out posters with particularly unusual obsessions (regardless of whether said users are on the spectrum or not) - while of course never personally attacking anyone for their opinions.

Yes, I get that obsessions are a huge characteristic of being on the autism spectrum. But while it’s impossible to ever be a perfect forum member (I’d certainly never claim to be one), at the same time I think it’s important not to let any obsessions you may have at any particular point in time to bleed too much into your online activity if you can help it. At least that’s the approach which works best for me.

Don’t know if this is an obsession as such, but one day I’d actually want to see/hear opinions from autistic Australians (who likely consume at least as much media as any neurotypical, and in many cases more) about how the media represents them. There have got to be some rather interesting stories to tell, especially from those - and we know there have been some in this country and indeed, here in Sydney for that matter - who are on the spectrum and have actually been in the media…

7 Likes

Fair to say we’ve had other users who have their obsessions with certain networks, presenters or other media things here in the past.
Not all of these posters would have been autistic.
As long as people can accept their chosen ‘obsession’ might have flaws, we can all get on fine. It’s when members have believed their obsession is above all criticism is when we run into issues.

Glad to have @MorticiaAddams on here, as well as yourself @SydneyCityTV.

10 Likes