1 Like

Here are those Brett Sutton homewares.

Good ol’ Redbubble. :rofl:

1 Like

Shaun Micallef was PSY before PSY was a thing

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

This is my last post here…So I just wanted to get this off my chest. I know this is a media critique site and I am not saying I, or anyone else, is immune from criticism, but there have been clear and personal attacks made against me.

“I would get my news from the Siberian Times before 6 News…” WTF?

I would not publish that report if I wasn’t confident in my source. Did I say it would be announced today? No!

Furthermore, IMO this site has really gone downhill. There are accounts on here that just attack anything that is new and different - take for example, Ticker.

But in all, it really is the trolls. The anonymous accounts. The accounts that people on here tend to go after are the ones that put their name to posts - like me and Ahron.

We are people too. Some of this stuff can do damage to people’s mental health - including mine. Benjamin Norris - a friend of mine - is another example. He posted today about a “certain forum” and a member that is harassing him and his partner.

I’m not afraid to put my name to my posts. I’m not afraid to put my name to my news reporting.

To the few of you on here supporting me, I thank you.

To the rest of you who probably will have a go at me for this - well, if want to debate me you know where to find me on social media.

And may I add that I have seen a fair bit of censorship from mods here - you say people can critique and have the right to free speech? Well, then don’t remove this post.

Have a good night,
Leonardo Puglisi

17 Likes

My advice would be lighten up, you’re young and it’s a hurly wurly world, the media world in particular is noxiously bad and hard. I hope you become a success but no need to rush it, you’re just a kid. Ahron is a big boy and is hardly an innocent soul. Enjoy what you’re doing but try not to take it so seriously. Good luck to you.

8 Likes

Ditto to the above. Just wanted to add a few extra observations.

It goes without saying, but: criticising an organisation because of a particular incident, or questioning the viability of a business model != attacking something because it’s new. Being a user on MediaSpy doesn’t entitle anyone to preferential treatment. If posters are cynical about the use of fonts on a weather map, then you bet someone will have strong opinions about content decisions.

As to “trolls”, I invite you to read the Facebook comment section on any mainstream media outlet if you think removing anonymity would change the outcome. It won’t.

8 Likes

I’m not sure “lighten up” is the best advice to give someone who has expressed that they have had damage to their mental health. Also, one who is a child. But each to their own.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve made the decision to leave MediaSpy, I’ve always enjoyed your contributions here and wish you luck for all your future endeavors - hope you’re doing okay.

10 Likes

I feel for you man, there’s really no excuse for personal attacks, especially when on the internet, people have no idea who they’re really attacking.

Just remember, it’s not you at fault.

Take some time away and focus on the stuff that makes life better eh. Don’t let negative shite bring you down.

Always remember, in the words of our Lord and Saviour, Ron Burgundy, “F**k you San Diego”… I mean, “Stay classy”
(Humour helps eh?)

5 Likes

A lot of what you do reminds me so much of myself when I was around your age during the mid-late 2000s, I too used to have my own “news bulletin” (though I didn’t have the luxury of putting it onto YouTube, lol) and I would make up mock-TV guides for my ‘channels’ in drawing books.

My advice would be just to stick to what you love doing and try not to let other people get to you. It’s easier said than done I know, and you are going to come across some real lowlifes on the internet unfortunately. That’s just how the world is. However, with that being said, the future is bright for you and if you continue to pursue your dream of one day working in the media, who knows what doors that will open. So much has happened for you already and you’re still not even in your teens. Don’t let other people put you down just for being a “kid”. Prove them wrong!

11 Likes

I’ll keep following you on Twitter, keep your BS filter in good working order. That goes for reporting the news and sifting through feedback.

PS, don’t take any notice of that Joel Gaynor bloke who’s been at you today, he’s a complete nutbag with many issues.

1 Like

Consistency…where for art thou?

Hey Puggo19

I’m no angel on here and certainly after my little fight with Turdall last week due to my error in judgement (I hope that we can be at least civil in posts, and not correspond via DM) I too know what it’s like when someone questions my character or being accused of something that I am not. I generally ask people why they think the way they think and sometimes my posts can be misinterpreted as baiting. Thats probably because I don’t articulate my posts well, (something I’m working on)

I think because you are young, I think it’s unfair that whoever is attacking you to do so on here or any in other social media form. There is a difference between bullying and critiquing someone and their work. For what you do mate you should be proud of what yo done with your 6 News service you provide. To even get national attention from news networks is even awesome for someone at your age! That would be so great to have as experience for the media industry.

No one is saying that people don’t have the right to feel safe on forums or any other place, but it is a shame that there is select few (not just on here) but everyone should be able to respect everyone no matter their opinion, experience and background.

I did have a stalker on here at one stage , would often post directly under mine, just to bate me to see how I would react, at the end of last year my mental health took a dip of an outside related matter and it exploded on the forums. Thank god (and I mean god literally) that the team here gave me a second chance. I have had a few issues pop up here and there. Sometimes bullies like to get off on the thrill of harassing someone when their views don’t align theirs or whatever if they are just bored and want to cause trouble.

See that comment I saw and I think to myself why compare that to Siberian times?

I have always supported you @Leo_Puglisi6, love what you’re doing and I think you know that. But I along with other mods have had to remove your posts in the past. It’s a fine line between self promoting to build your profile and discussing topics. We have encouraged you to use the Random Thread or even create your own threads to keep discussion and promotion of your work separate. This isn’t censorship. It’s managing a forum and keeping it as a place for discussing and critiquing the media.

Making a grand exit when things get tough sends a message to the world and I don’t think it’s a good one. Perhaps a breather is just what you need to realign and take on the next chapter of your career? It’s a big world out there and not everyone agrees with absolutely everything anyone says. Bullying and taunting is absolutely not on and we work hard to remove it when we see it, but being critical of your work, particularly over sensitive topics such as the COVID pandemic, is part of what this forum is all about. If you want to be taken seriously and you’re not doing this as a playtime thing, then I’m afraid you have to accept the feedback too.

I do hope you come back. I think I speak on behalf of most members that we like what you’re doing (and probably wish we could have done the same at such a young age) and want to see you succeed in the years ahead.

19 Likes

That is in the context of not taking yourself so seriously, made clear in the post.

:rofl:
Screenshot_20200803-082629~2

1 Like

I’d like to speak to your manager about that post. :rofl: