Random Thread

Love Cher she has been around FOREVER!

:joy:

Screenshot_20200804-105628~2

6 Likes

3 Likes

Now thereā€™s a very good question: Have television stations in any of Australiaā€™s three largest markets ever ran ā€œkids goodnightā€ segments of their own?

I donā€™t think Sydney stations ever have (at least for as long as Iā€™ve been alive), because kids goodnight segments with a cute and fluffy animal mascot are definitely something I would remember if ever a fixture on TV here during my younger years.

Of course by the time I really knew about the existence of regional characters like Prime/7 Possum and NBNā€™s Big Dog, this viewer was outside the target demographic! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Channel 7 Perth has the fat cat goodnight every night at 7:30pm

also @Zacgb i feel gipped now - regional WA kids got to stay up for another half hour?!

2 Likes

As already mentioned 7 Perth continues to have Fatcat, Ten Perth ran the Kenny Kidna one until the early 2010s thereabouts

6 Likes

I remember seeing this on ATN 7 as a kid occasionally when I snuck into the lounge room late at night while everyone was asleep to catch some late night television. Not really a kids goodnight segment, though.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.27.26 PM

5 Likes

you know, its funny - i never seen the kenny kidna goodnight, and i always watched 10 in my childhood back in the 2000s

Not really relevant character for Melbourne thoughā€¦

1 Like

Prime Possum is a rank amateur. Big Dog for the win. :rofl:

I reckon the best way to sort them out

Big Dog v Prime Possum v Fat Cat

Is a 3 way ā€œLip Sync Battleā€ showdown!

May the best lip syncher win.

3 Likes

Is anyone on here currently at uni? And in Victoria , how are you finding doing your classess online?

I started UNIPREP at ECU last week, and now getting into the thick of things and starting to do research on my essay. It has been interesting to see how many people have dropped some units (Iā€™m doing 3 uniprep) but some were doing the full set among work commitments and family life and found it a bit of a struggle.

Iā€™m getting used to it how formal writing is and the different available databases are out there to help me in my research. Support is great online.

Just thought Iā€™d get other uni peoples thoughts and advice on how to handle Uni and personal life. Obviously we had to do a semester planner, with all our assessments but my tutorial master wants us to put everything on it. I have no problem with that, until it doesnā€™t fit into A3 pages.

Apart from that uni life has been good alternating between Joondaup and Mt Lawley campuses. Not sure which campus i like more. I do like the commute to joondalup it means I can read and do study notes on the train, but the Mt Lawley one is closer to my suburb. About a 20 minute bus ride. From my house to Warwick traino to Joondalup its about a 45 minute to 50 minute ride which isnā€™t too bad.

That being said, itā€™s a learning curve from the informality of tafe studying.

4 Likes

I did my whole Uni degree online (while working full-time) - it can be a challenge and it probably requires a little more effort then if you were to do it on-campus.

Iā€™m amazed that there were still universities that were avoiding offering courses remotely.

1 Like

Depends what youā€™re studying, for IT or something like that itā€™s fine, but for Arts and Humanities I think youā€™d lose a lot of the benefit of the course. I canā€™t speak to science courses but I suspect itā€™d be the same, debate and discourse is too important.

Flashback:
A young Peter Hitchener circa 1970ā€™sā€¦

Screenshot_20200809-142359~2

7 Likes

Alex Bruce-Smith writes:

There is more about this cult in the article.

I wonder what the reaction would be if I established a similar Facebook page for Annaliese van Diemen and asserted ā€œeveryone was rampantly, ragingly hornyā€ for her?

Pretty sure Iā€™d be cancelled quick smart and every media outlet in the country would be calling me a dangerous deviant who should be castrated.

8 Likes

Sounds exactly what happened to Ashley Bloomfield the Director General of health here in New Zealand during our lockdown

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking about it too. There certainly are some very clear double standards around.

1 Like

I have decided to return to study in 2021 and just got accepted into AUTā€™s Bachelor of Communications.

12 Likes