Random Thread

I think this would create other issues

• The underworld wanting to protect their illegal revenue and targeting those who are moving in on it.
  • Increased health issues with those taking more drugs because it’s cheaper and easier to get.
2 Likes

In fairness, you’d expect any legalised product (drugs or otherwise) to be held to a higher standard and/or quality

2 Likes

Ok long story so here we go… sometime last year we were talking in the forum about the 10 News QLD Instagram page and how it wasn’t active since 2014 and how they should revive it. Anyway… come December i thought well seems they aren’t going to do it anytime soon so I created a new page @10NewsFirstQLD - just posted updates, bits of content, weather bytes, bts etc. Now here we are 8 months later Channel 10 Instagram msg the page direct asking who’s behind it and how they want full access to the page. So be it it’s their content but at the same time they have a history of just letting things go and not being active anymore and I would hate to see that happen. I’ve since emailed them back saying I would be happy to discuss the page with them. So we will see what goes from there.

7 Likes

You should ask to be put on the payroll if you’re doing a better job of promoting their brand than they are.

10 Likes

Ask them for 7 figures and retire!!! :grin:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the competition? 10 Figures is what should be in the contract! We know CBS is full of cash!

Just be glad it’s not an ABC page and only wanting 2 figures for it!

2 Likes

Samantha Heathwood is still on holidays. She is spending her valuable time catching the bus!

3 Likes

Update, so handed over the password and account details & was offered to come for a tour of the Pyrmont studios(which i have visited in 2015), but asked if possible for work experience at TVQ or Pyrmont as i have family in both cities.

11 Likes

It was good of them to go about this in a non threatening, cordial manner. Makes a nice change from the harsh, officious warnings about infringement that usually get tossed around when fans just want to be involved with a brand. Hopefully, at the very least, they’ll offer you some work experience.

9 Likes

Excellent to hear that HarbourSideTv has got a satisfactory outcome from Ten.

Although I’d probably like Sydney’s major television & radio broadcasters to earn a visit from yours truly in the same way they try and win over myself and millions of others as viewers/listeners: By providing competing offers.

Do you mean with the provision of chauffeur driven cars and a highly paid cushy job at the end of it? :grin:

Haha, not quite. Although I wouldn’t mind getting any logo-infused merchandise they’re willing to give away for free, even if it’s just a sticker! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you had to change the LCNs so that they were in a sequential order, and no number could be skipped. How would you order them?

I’ve always hated having 9HD on 50, and WIN HD on 80, etc. and wanted to be able to have 9HD on LCN 9, so I found a way to create my own LCNs on my TV. However, it won’t let you skip any numbers, and I can only use as many numbers as there are channels.

So this is what I’ve got on my TV now:
1 ABC Comedy/Kids
2 ABC HD
3 SBS ONE HD
4 ABC NEWS
5 Sky News on WIN
6 7TWO Townsville
7 7HD Townsville
8 9Go!
9 9HD Townsville
10 WIN HD Townsville
11 9Gem
12 9Life
13 7flix Townsville
14 7mate Townsville
15 7food network
16 SBS Food
17 SBS VICELAND HD
18 BOLD Townsville
19 PEACH Townsville
20 SBS World Movies
21 ABC ME
22 NITV

Just curious if anyone else has done something similar, or how you’d set it up?

2 Likes

I prefer to have the channels grouped by network, so hiding all the single digit standard definition channels gives me that. In Canberra my first channel is 20.

2 Likes

I think the networks should remove 1-9 LCNs. It’s a bit unneeded and will probably draw more viewers to the HD Channel offerings… So many people are still viewing in SD.

1 Like

The single button press to get 1 to 9 is advantageous… I think 10 are at a bit of a disadvantage in that respect.

I’ve even thought that rebranding their primary channel to One on LCN 1 could have been worth a try as it’s the first channel that appears on a new TV or when a rescan is done. And think of the marketing advantages!

1 Like

The thing is… it’s called Channel 10 and it makes sense to have it on 10.

We don’t want a situation like SCA where Channel 9 is on number 5 lol

1 Like

If it makes sense to have Ten on 10, then surely Seven should be on 7 and Nine on 9? Maybe swap around the positioning of the SD & HD services, but that’s about it.

Personally I think what the networks really need to get rid of are the duplicate LCNs!

1 Like

My Sony TV groups the networks together instead of just putting them in LCN order.

2 Likes

So does my Sony (9000F 2017 model).
I don’t like it, and there’s no way to change that grouping.

I always watch via my Panasonic DVR which has them in LCN order from 1 to 99. I prefer that, and LOVE being able to pause and rewind live TV. I couldn’t watch TV without it now.