Random Thread

Who is Melanie? :joy:

1 Like

His new mistress :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™m kinda thinking Melanie is his new cat. If you know what I mean. :wink::joy:

Back in May that is what Trump called his wife. :smiley:

2 Likes

So even he doesnā€™t know who he is married to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is this a reference to pussy?

Ah champagne comedy :clinking_glasses:

:smirk_cat:

You said it sunshine. :joy:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a classic mock news report from when Hungry Jacks wanted Whopper for PM.

Mmmm I do like me a whopperā€¦ and a hamburger too :sunglasses:

1 Like

This clip from The Chaserā€™s War On Everything is just making me laugh out loud. Especially how they use the kid from a Brand Power ā€œWonder White Breadā€ ad shown during a Today Tonight ad break in a meme-like way.

1 Like

Man, do I miss the Chaserā€™s War on Everything.

So many moments where I was rolling around on the floor laughing. I particularly remember a scene where they were taking the piss out of some self-help quackery where if you envisioned something happening really really hard it would definitely happenā€¦they ended up ā€˜envisioningā€™ a free space in a car park, squealed around the corner and smashed into a parked car. I was on the floor for several minutes after that, hardly able to breathe.

On a somewhat related subject, I remember seeing Borat in the cinemas not long after it premiered with my dad. People were heaving they were laughing so hard. That fight scene in the hotel was absolutely on a completely different level with people with tears streaming down their face, crying laughing. I couldnā€™t hear the dialogue for at least 2 or 3 minutes after that scene ended.

2 Likes

So many regular Chaser segments have never been matched since in aussie TVā€¦ ad road test has to be my favourite from back in the day (2:30 report a close second). The Godfreys one is a real classic (even if the YT clip is only 240pā€¦ ugh).

3 Likes

I agree with all the comments about The Chasers War on Everything, wish we still had a show like that on TV now but it was fun while it lasted I guess!

But with the popular ā€œWhat Weā€™ve Learnt From Current Affairs This Week?ā€ segment, if the show was still around now I wonder if that would be extended to include some of the ridiculousness from commercial TV news bulletins? At times, I often wonder what The Chaser would make of the infamous ā€œSpecial Reportsā€ from Nine News Queensland and pieces to camera from reporters like Mike Dalton here in Sydney! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It was edited onto the screen as the update was pre-recorded a few days before.

1 Like

Today has marked one month until Christmas. Where has the year gone!

2 Likes

To the past.

Bah Humbug. :stuck_out_tongue:

When some MediaSpy members go out partying (as rare as that might be) this is probably what they imagine a dream nught out would beā€¦ disco dancing to a news themeā€¦

Itā€™s vaguely amusing :sunglasses:

Just for the record; the news theme, the movie and the reference to disco dancing are all before my time (although I was alive)

2 Likes

Nah, us younger Media Spy members would probably prefer something like the Pendulum remix of the old ABC News theme:

ā€¦or the Tom Budin remix of NBN Newsā€™ current theme music, which I personally think is even funnier:

I can just imagine what an official music video of that one would be: Paul Lobb, Natasha Beyersdorf, Mitchell Hughes, Gavin Morris, Jane Goldsmith, Sam Djodan, Kate Haberfield & Tyson Cotrill dancing on the NBN Newsdesk to strobe lighting! :laughing:

3 Likes