Random Thread

The Unofficial Media Spy Discord would like to announce the banning of a fake “Bort” he committed the following atrocities:

-Prank calling members on no caller ID every day!
-Insulting people
-Convincing members to post bad things on media spy and claiming that you will be given immunity
-Impersonation of a site Mod/Admin
-Giving out personal information to random people
-Getting me put on mod queue for no reason :confused:

He is now permanently I.P banned so that is the end of him! :grinning:!!

bortisbort
Well you can’t argue with that! lmao

2 Likes

I can’t get back into it again, the invite link now disappears into nothing, and Media Spy isn’t anywhere on my Discord account. I can’t be bothered trying to get back into it.

Auf wiedersehen M’tl’ck.

I got nuked from it, you mods on the discord are more fascist than the real media spy mods

1 Like

feel free to rejoin tho

Wasn’t our fault the fake Bort banned everyone

Time to shut it down, imo.

1 Like

Not yet. Fake Bort is banned and everything is running smoothly.

Gotta admit the Discord has been given a Facelift…

1 Like

Everyone who has the old coight should update to the new new new coight!

1 Like

Intriguing. What are the advantages?

1 Like

It will get you noticed

Well, I wouldn’t want to be coight out! I’ll consider it but for now, it’s time to hit the road.

2 Likes

Pulling a Luke and breaking my self-imposed exile, but…

Wear the criticism like a badge @NewsDiscuss. At the end of the day, you have a bunch of skills which recruiters at any major metropolitan news organisation would be tripping over themselves to secure. We’re talking presentation skills, multimedia knowledge, video editing, script writing, local contacts. Half of those skills aren’t even considered by 50 percent of journalism grads so in terms of a skill set you’re golden.

And you never know - your concept could very well become popular in its own right.

I had a similar experience working at a local independent monthly paper for a long time - extended family members always wore condescending grins and were always lining up to offer free advice about switching to another profession “before it was too late.” End of the day: if you’re good at what you do, you’ll get there.

12 Likes

No problem, I think what a lot of those who mock you aren’t really clued onto is that careers in journalism are earnt. No one simply gets a nice job straight up.

2 Likes

Hi Newsdiscuss/Jack, I’m currently in Year 12 too and I believe what you are doing is excellent and don’t let people get to you, you will always get people criticizing you in your life but you need to ignore the haters. I’ve been trying to run an online radio station by myself and people have tried to put me down and say my music sucks and the commentary sucks but I just ignore them because at the end of the day you know you are doing something right towards your chosen career path. By doing what you are doing you are getting massive experience in the media industry and hopefully in the future will get noticed by a production company and secure a good paid job.

Good luck for the future and cheers :grinning:

2 Likes

:joy:

Missed you Tommy :hugs:

1 Like

yep

2 Likes

hoooooold on one minute, you’re the one that spammed this and many other threads making fun of Jack. bit rich that you don’t apologise or own up to it to his face.

Unless I’ve completely missed the point of university, journalism isn’t about having a voice against or being against anyone, it’s about telling the truth. if you position yourself to be against anyone as a journalist, technically that would make you corrupt, no better than them and that is not the way to go.

I agree, every mocker is always substituting a news reader or something when they should be learning how to video produce, operate a camera, edit a report and possibly even successfully run social media accounts if they wanna get a head start at a career, rather than actually being the news anchor, as the skills can be honed in on at a later date.

By all means these mockers should continue to do what they want, but if they actually make waves in the industry do some really low level stuff, like reporting and producing. if you want a career in journalism, most organisations are looking for fresh faces that can do everything and expect them to be good with editing on your phone, or any other portable device.

Think it of it like this - no one would trust a 20 year old, fresh faced kid to deliver any news bulletin, there’s just no large credibility when they could get like a 30-something that has had years of reporting in the mainstream to their name.

I wish you, and every other mocker the best in that. go for gold.

3 Likes

nope