Random Thread

The Caramilk thing was driven more by nostalgia, mostly by UK or Kiwi expats who remembered the blocks from their home countries.

Seems like the kind of gimmick that Cadbury should be doing more often considering the attention recieved.

1 Like

Well they pretty much do this constantly. There are a few different varieties introduced every year.

Because the ā€œBack with the Exā€ thread is crazy enough, I thought Iā€™d respond in here.

I wouldā€™ve thought most of todayā€™s kids are just sliding into the social media personal messages of the girl/guy they really like.

Just for what itā€™s worth, Iā€™d probably want to know any potential romantic partner as a friend for a decent amount of time before considering whether or not to form a serious relationship with them.

1 Like

That emoji is amazing @Salty

Advice for attracting bulk D or V would be to exercise and eat well :slight_smile:

And have a great personality.

This is definitely a random one and didnā€™t know where else to put this but are there any MediaSpyers looking to get into the Media Sales area for work? I work for an Outdoor Media company and we have an entry level role going in our Melbourne office as a Sales Coordinator. Youā€™d be dealing with Media Buyers on a daily basis and is a good way to get some experience and make a name for yourself in the industry if you eventually want to move into Media Buying or even Sales for another Media Owner. Would be suited for anyone interested in Media in general.

If interested PM me and I can give you more info.

How not to pick up a stretcher.

We need trees,

everyone you and me,

the birds and the bees,

so lets plant the trees,

today and tomorrow,

on national tree day,

trees are life for all of us,

so lets plant the trees.

FORESTRY COMMISSION. LOOKING BEYOND THE TREES.

1 Like

This reminds me of that old jokeā€¦

What did Zimbabweans use before candles?

Electricity.

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve just realised the Commonwealth Games are on in a week. Being a bit curious about going up there and having a look, I started checking for prices for flights and hotels.

Flight prices actually arenā€™t bad at all - still only $160 return to the Gold Coast from Sydney even with the Commonwealth Games going on. Itā€™s the accommodation thatā€™s a tad exxy, thoughā€¦

5 Likes

Just a tad exxy, eh?
Iā€™d hate to see what you call REALLY expensive :smile:

Maybe youā€™re getting the whole building at those prices!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve lived in my apartment complex for 2 years, and tonight iā€™ve discovered some major design flaws in the place. Complex is relatively new, only about 7 years old.

Around 12:30am, there was a car accident on the street right outside the apartment, that woke me up, cars ran into power pole, massive bang, no power for hours.

First power outage here since iā€™ve moved in 2 years ago.
First thing I noticed when I got out of bed, alarms going off. Entire time the power has been out some annoying beeping alarm has been going off in the complex.

Next, tried to use the tap in the kitchen, no waterā€¦ not even a drop. Nothing in the whole complex, taps outside didnā€™t work either.

Third, cannot physically leave the complex at all,
All gates (both car and pedestrian) use an electric beeper that you tap a card on to open.
Every single one of them is locked and without power, they donā€™t unlock when the card is tapped.
I have no ability to get a car or myself out of complex.
Only way out would be the climb the fence and jump over, then you wouldnā€™t be able to get back in.

How can these places be so heavily reliant on electricity, that they donā€™t have any backup when the power goes out.
No water and no way to leave seem like pretty major flaws, especially if the power outage was caused by a fire in the apartments themselves.

4 Likes

And imagine if there was a medical emergency or a fireā€¦

That is CRAZY.

1 Like

Report that to the fire service immediately

3 Likes

Surely there would be a fire escape? How big is the building? If there really is no emergency exit then thatā€™s something that should be reported to authorities and rectified.

And the garage door should be capable of being manually operated but you will need to release the locking mechanism which is usually means either yanking a cord on the mechanism itself or flicking a switch on the control panel depending on what sort of door it is.

You can escape the building into the outdoor car park very easily.
But the outdoor car park and buildings are all inside a gated/fenced area.
All of these gates didnā€™t work when the power was out.

The gate for cars is just a big gate that slides away to the side when you touch the panel with the key card, this didnā€™t work either when I tried to use it

1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing some digging through my caps archive - found this:

8 Likes

Dr Phil is that you?

1 Like

Happy April Fools Day/Easter everyone. Hopefully itā€™s a day filled with fun and chocolate! :slightly_smiling_face: :chocolate_bar:

Of course itā€™s also the day that we turn our clocks back for the end of Daylight Saving (in the states that follow it) which traditionally is a sign Winter is knocking on the door, but gee you wouldnā€™t really think that with the weather Sydney and probably most of NSW has had recently!

3 Likes