Random Thread

Digital Entertainment company Rooster Teeth (Warner Bros. Discovery owned) has unveiled a new logo for their 20th anniversary.

A truly terrible rebranding. Strikingly similar to another terrible Rooster rebranding…

1 Like

Complete rip off of the RR logo.

1 Like

For sure and I reckon it could be easily confused

Just had a M3.2 not far from my place. Just after 10pm. Shook the bed and made me wonder why my mattress wasn’t sitting on the frame properly.

2 Likes

Not surprised!

https://twitter.com/tvtonightau/status/1642706723470204932?s=20

Sorry (not sorry) to Daily Mail which has opted to republish a fake story about Dr. Chris Brown hosting Man O Man, two days after its April 1st publication.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I thought I’d share a bit about something personal to me.

This article is a really good analysis about one of the reasons why it’s important to have a productive relationship with China. As a proud Aussie with Chinese heritage, I am proud of my culture and identity like so many Chinese-Australians and in many ways we want to be a part of what makes Australia strong, but we are also proud of where we came from and our people, despite the less-than-adequate government.

Yet there is always this sentiment (mostly from America) that the Chinese government is always referred to as ‘the Chinese’, linking the people and culture with the ruthless government. I find that extremely disturbing and it’s made worse by the dog whistling and race-baiting by the likes of Trump, Pompeo, Hanson and most recently Dutton and the Liberals prior to the 2022 election. The entire sinophobic sentiment raised by these right wing wonders about how China wants war and they’re the worst country in the world makes me (and my fellow Chinese-Australians) feel very lost and alienated, when in reality it’s not a binary situation of ‘us or them’.

The recent election results last year and this year proves how out of touch the old government was. Yet you still have the likes of Dutton and Scomo calling the Chinese as ‘bullies’ and ‘standing up to them’ instead of working diplomatically. No wonder why so many in the Asian community saw them for who they were and voted them out in droves. A strong country isn’t built by name-calling and race-baiting.

That’s why for as long as Peter Dutton is leading the Coalition and with the Chinese-Australian population growing, they’ll never get to govern for the forseeable future and that’s a good thing I believe in building a harmonious and democratic society.

4 Likes

News from me following the Today FM closure.

7 Likes

I saw a clip of how the hosts were pulled off air during their broadcast.

It’s good to hear that you have a new job lined up.
All the best to you Grady.

3 Likes

Came across a US and Japanese dub of the kids show Johnson and Friends.

Happy Easter everyone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

happy easter everybody

7 Likes

and with that, i bid everyone a fond farewell. this time I am actually leaving this place for good. i have found anime is my now go-to again and love it and since Crunchyroll; isn’t even listed as a streaming service on here is lol lol. i no longer have Netflix or the such, only crunchyroll. so its off to the big wide word of anime i go

waves good bye and says ‘’ thanks for everything’’

4 Likes

Wish you all the best of luck away from MediaSpy! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Its lack of being mentioned here suggests that many don’t have a clue what it is (including myself). Not sure whether reading much into its mentions (or not) here is worth the effort IMO though

Last time I checked we don’t have a thread for many streamers, like Curiosity Stream either

3 Likes

I acctually had Crunchyroll at one point before it was only a anime platform. I think I may still have the free acount. I get Curiosity streamer via Fetch.

1 Like

Has anyone played with Chatgtp or any other AI chat bots? I’ve found Microsoft’s new Bing chatbot surprisingly powerful.

As a bit of fun, I wrote;

Write an episode of Neighbours where Karl and Susan’s marriage becomes strained because of Karl’s addiction to posting on Media Spy

Bing then wrote this hilarious script :rofl::

Here is a possible episode of Neighbours where Karl and Susan’s marriage becomes strained because of Karl’s addiction to posting on Media Spy:

```
[Scene: Kennedy house. Karl is sitting on the couch with his laptop, typing furiously. Susan is in the kitchen, preparing dinner.]

Susan: Karl, can you please set the table? Dinner is almost ready.

Karl: Yeah, yeah, in a minute.

Susan: What are you doing anyway?

Karl: Oh, just checking some emails.

Susan: Emails? You’ve been on that thing all day. Don’t you have anything better to do?

Karl: I do, I do. It’s just…there’s this forum I’m on. It’s called Media Spy. It’s about TV and radio and stuff.

Susan: Media Spy? What kind of name is that?

Karl: It’s a clever name. It’s like they’re spying on the media. They have all these insider tips and gossip and ratings and opinions.

Susan: Opinions? What kind of opinions?

Karl: Well, you know, about shows and networks and personalities and things like that.

Susan: And you care about that?

Karl: Of course I do. It’s fascinating. You wouldn’t believe some of the things they say.

Susan: Like what?

Karl: Well, for example, they say that Neighbours is past its prime and should be axed.

Susan: What? How dare they?

Karl: I know, right? That’s why I have to defend it. I have to tell them how wrong they are. How Neighbours is a national treasure and a cultural icon and a ratings juggernaut.

Susan: And they listen to you?

Karl: Well, not exactly. They tend to disagree with me. A lot.

Susan: So you argue with them?

Karl: Well, yes. But it’s not arguing. It’s debating. It’s healthy. It’s stimulating.

Susan: Stimulating? More stimulating than me?

Karl: What? No, of course not. Don’t be silly.

Susan: Then why do you spend more time with them than with me?

Karl: I don’t. I don’t spend more time with them than with you.

Susan: Yes, you do. You’re always on that laptop, posting and commenting and liking and whatever else you do on there.

Karl: It’s not always. It’s just sometimes.

Susan: Sometimes? Karl, it’s all the time. You’re addicted to it.

Karl: I’m not addicted to it. I can stop anytime I want.

Susan: Really? Then prove it.

Karl: Prove it? How?

Susan: By closing that laptop right now and joining me for dinner.

Karl: But…

Susan: No buts. Just do it.

[Karl hesitates, then reluctantly closes his laptop and puts it aside.]

Karl: Fine. There. Happy?

Susan: Yes. Thank you.

[They go to the dining table and sit down.]

Susan: So…how was your day?

Karl: Oh, you know…same old, same old.

Susan: Anything interesting happen at the hospital?

Karl: Not really. Just the usual cases and complaints and paperwork.

Susan: I see.

[They eat in silence for a few seconds.]

Karl: So…how was your day?

Susan: Oh, you know…same old, same old.

Karl: Anything interesting happen at the school?

Susan: Not really. Just the usual lessons and exams and reports.

Karl: I see.

[They eat in silence for a few more seconds.]

[Karl glances at his laptop.]

[Karl clears his throat.]

Karl: So…did you hear about the latest ratings?

[Susan sighs.]

[End of scene]

9 Likes

well, i could do a streaming thread. and add Crunchyroll ( anime streamer ) and hidive (another anime streamer)to the streaming theards

I don’t think there is much anime interest here unfortunately.

2 Likes

on my way to the airport! For a week I will not be a Mix94.5 listener - but will i turn into a Fox, Gold, Nova or KIIS listener… :thinking:

but honestly, a holiday in Melbourne will be fun!

5 Likes

At least you’re going to miss all the rain we had over the past couple of days!

2 Likes