Random Thread

While it’s not exactly the same, I found the similarly to a sign I saw today interesting: :star2:

3 Likes

here’s the most shameless one I’ve seen

Word Christian books:

word

Williams F1 (who had it first)

williams

1 Like

Now that Minns has won, you can have both at the same time.

2 Likes

Richard Wilkins shocked everyone

Did he stand too close to an open flame and melt?

1 Like

Yes please!

My favourite day of the year tomorrow: April Fool’s! Looking forward to seeing some hoaxes tomorrow morning (I have one cooked up for the Braidwood FM site…)

Though in the age of fake news, it seems every day is April Fool’s Day…

1 Like

I actually think its all gone too far these days. The corporate need to participate is exhausting.

2 Likes

Yeah, it should be an entirely voluntary thing, just like betting on the Melbourne Cup or something. But I enjoy a well executed hoax; some of the hoaxes are of course just plain dumb.

1 Like

It’s exhausting because of the visibility.
“April Fools” lasts a solid 48 hours now when you factor in every global timezone.

3 Likes

Glad I havent organised anything for here then…

2 Likes

…or have you? Mwah-ha-ha.

1 Like

you’ll have to wait and see :wink:

1 Like

Have been trying to think of something to get the kids with now that they’re old enough to appreciate it but I’ll have to see how we go.
My 17th wedding anniversary tomorrow though - so what seemed like a great idea at the time of getting married on April Fools has meant that I’ve been distracted from coming up with pranks and ideas.

My parents did a couple of good ones over the years, some which were decades ago but have only recently been pinned on them which means they must have been good - one included a whole removal box type box filled to the brim with junk mail and left on a friend’s doorstep. They spent weeks going through all the junk mail trying to find who had done it. They suspected my parents but also had a few others they couldn’t rule out but finally they got a confession a few months ago which then led to another friend of theirs solving another mystery from a few years ago too - after he’d been blaming another person for it for a long time!

2 Likes

Does anyone know of any good forums like MediaSpy, that are based in the US and focus on US cable and tv news etc.?

2 Likes

I found that being a Saturday made a lot of jokes this year less credible. It’s not a typical day to expect media / PR releases. The Zoo FM one (that came out just after midnight) is the best one I’ve seen that is media related today.

3 Likes

The SUP Squad :policeman:

:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Today seems to have been a bit low key on the hoax front. Probably due to it falling on a Saturday this year. The Heinz ‘baked beanbag’ was mildly amusing.

This one had me doing a double take at first (as it was released in the wee hours). Plenty did praise the MonsterRail; unfortunately it was no April Fool’s joke.

There was something about a Goolwa monorail as well today so not the only monorail themed hoax.

This was my hoax that was up on the Braidwood FM site until midday (it makes more sense if you live here):

CLYDE MOUNTAIN TUNNEL A STEP CLOSER TO REALITY

Whilst discussion over a future Braidwood bypass continues, Eden-Monaro appears to have landed a major coup with May’s budget likely to include funding for a four lane tunnel through Clyde Mountain. The tunnel is likely to cut the travel time from Braidwood to Batemans Bay to a mere 25 minutes (it currently takes nearly an hour). The Clyde Tunnel- nicknamed the ‘Conga Line Killer’ by some MPs- is understood to be the first stage of the Kings Expressway which aims to slash commuting times between the Bay and Canberra to under an hour.

Braidwood FM was unable to contact any parliamentary staff regarding the Clyde Tunnel or the Kings Expressway proposals, however a recorded message on the Finance Office line suggested we wait for the Budget for further information. There is also an environmental assessment report on the tunnel that is due to be completed by April 1, 2024.

3 Likes

It was all fake news about Carrie Bickmore leaving The Project last year. This was how it really went down. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tasmania Police released a new scooter squad today. Meanwhile The Advocate newspaper, our local one had a story about the world famous Queenstown football ground with their gravel oval being forced to change to grass because of OH&S issues.

2 Likes