Random Thread

Which Jaycar did you drop into as I worked at the Tauranga one during my time living there and also knew Jeremy the Manager if the Rotorua store?

1 Like

Iā€™m unable to do my traffic controller assessment today as Iā€™m not feeling so great,on a hot and humid day like today itā€™s best for me not to be outside in the heat.Itā€™s a shame I didnā€™t start my TC course in winter and be assessed thenšŸ™

1 Like

House prices are ridiculous in Yeppoon a 4 bed 2 bath home that a few years ago was selling for high 400,000ā€™s maybe 500 sold for $808,000 2 doors down from me . Yes they are big blocks of around 1200sqm and a walk to the beach around the corner ā€¦ but this is in a town of 20,000 people and none of these homes have sea views .

They might be big blocks but you can still hear your neighbours sitting outside talking, mowing the lawn , dogs barking etc ā€¦

2 Likes

20,000? Yeppoon is bigger than i thought! Or does that cover that coastal area down to Zilzie?

2 Likes

According to the 2021 Census, Yeppoon does indeed have a population of around 20,000:
https://www.abs.gov.au/census/find-census-data/quickstats/2021/3019

2 Likes

according to the census then, would Yeppoon would be classed as an lga then?? with all the differrent suburbs??

1 Like

No, itā€™s considered an urban area.

Yeah Yeppoon has certainly been going ahead over the past 10-15 years

1 Like

Covers more towards Lammemoor Beach/Causeway lake area.

1 Like

Was the Rotorua one - was looking for something I knew would have it like Bunnings or somethign and then saw the Jaycar on the corner and thought it was perfect! Just had to get my head around the NZ currency and it being different. lol

2 Likes

Ive nearly watched 9 seasons of The Goldbergsā€¦i had bough up to Season5 a while ago on itunes and the rest on 7plusā€¦Season 9 some of the storylines are a bit ridiculous more than previous seasons hard to explain its like theyve run out of ideas as well as original footageā€¦think the show is dragging on now . Not sure how Season 10 is rating in the USA.

Modern Family and The Middle stopped about the right time.

New $5 note - the Queen wonā€™t be replaced by King Charles

In a statement, the central bank said it was time to update the banknote to feature a ā€œnew design that honours the culture and history of First Australians.ā€

But the RBA said the new note wonā€™t be ready for a number of years, meaning the Queen will still be spotted on the $5 for some time.

We will probably be a Republic by the time they get around to it anyway.

even if we are not, he will be on the back of every bloody coin

2 Likes

Anyone with an interest in grammar and style guides might find this amusing.

AP Stylebook put out a tweet last week

And in making the recommendation not to offend some groups by using ā€œtheā€ labels, they ended up doing just that by giving the example of ā€œthe Frenchā€. They then had to issue an apology tweet and edit the previous one.

It seems le Francais were offended by the original tweet but not the poor, the mentally ill, the disabled or the college educated.

5 Likes

If itā€™s going to take a few years to come up with a new design, then maybe they should just reissue the special ones they did back in 2001 for the Centenary of Federation featuring Henry Parkes and Catherine Helen Spence until the new one is ready.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit surprised the RBA didnā€™t already have a design to replace the Queen.

As she was 96, i think they should have been better prepared to move to a new design much quicker.

Thatā€™s not Caroline Chisolm, itā€™s Catherine Helen Spence.

Chisolm appeared on the original $5 note along with Joseph Banks.

3 Likes

Thanks. I looked at an incorrectly labelled image online.

2 Likes

Probably had a design with Charles, but not something different.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if Canada and NZ follow with their $20s.

1 Like