Random Thread

i took the kids and wife to auckland in 2019 - was a great place to go, especilly for the kids first extended OS holday (we had done cruises previously with a day in port but this was the first time they had been in a foreign country for more than a day) - its similar enough to australia that you don’t feel like your away but with enough differences

1 Like

What is going on with WAMN? Impossible to take them seriously if this is considered “news”, even on socials.

4 Likes

What is WAMN?

It’s a regular Wednesday, the Ice Cream machine is always broken at Maccas, which is not newsworthy to report on something that happens a lot of the time.

They did a whole lot of coverage on the WA Govt COVID press conferences last year, and do a bunch of other online based news gathering across Perth/WA. I think it’s mostly produced / funded by one guy.

But in the past everything they produced was actually newsworthy, so seeing this suggested to me by Facebook was just bizarre.

1 Like

They’re partnered with 6 I believe, @Leo_Puglisi6?

Yes, sometimes they pull our reporters and vision and vice versa - plus promos in each others bulletins

1 Like

I’ll be starting part time work next week as a support worker/domestic cleaner for an organisation that provides help to elderly or disabled clients,so that they can remain in their homes.it’s only about 10 to 15 hours a week,that’s all I want now after working full time for almost 40 years (apart from 2 years of unemployment/voluntary work in the early 1990s). I have to believe in myself and know that I’ve got this , I have to be polite and friendly to my clients . I’m sure I can do this.I’ve been given a list of what every client needs done,clean their bathrooms,vacuum ,mop floors etc,I’ll only need to spend about 1 -2 hours with each client. I have about 6 to look after so far.
If this doesn’t work out I can go back to traffic control,I want to give this a go first

8 Likes

Thank you,I’ve got this

3 Likes

5 years ago this forum would’ve been losing its mind at this

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 6.56.57 pm

12 Likes

don’t worry, WIN News is on the case!

2 Likes

Surprised Ayr. near Townsville is still around. Thought both those affiliation switches in 2016 and 2021 would’ve given heart attacks to the remaining few residents.

4 Likes

idk why, but i kinda want to go back to re-experience the 2016 affliation switch - was such an exciting time, and the banter was great.

1 Like

The forum in general was a lot better back then.

8 Likes

I went ok today ,am sore now though :confused:it was very humid,that’s not unusual for January to February here in Brisbane . I did the best I could, my clients today knew this was my first time working as a cleaner.Until I get more used to this I’m happy with about 10 - 12 hours a week, I will still receive income from Centrelink too.

7 Likes

Tomorrow I have to complete my final hours of traffic controller work placement and be assessed by a staff member from the company I’ve done my placement with.If I go ok I can lodge my application for traffic controller accreditation from QLD Transport and apply to this company or any other Traffic Management companies for a position as a qualified TC ,still not sure to pursue work as a TC or continue with my work as a support worker/domestic help that I started this week.I’ve only worked 4 and a half hours so far ,and I’m really worn out,hopefully I’ll get more used to this work the more I do it.

4 Likes

As I’m not old enough to receive the Aged Pension and I don’t feel like I’m ready to retire yet, I want to keep working if I’m able to. I should be able to manage up to 20 hours per week.

3 Likes

Just remembered I posted here last week. I’m very happy to report, the third time’s a charm! I finally set foot in another country for the first time in my life (unfortunately nearly 40 years :frowning: ) on Sunday. So far we’ve spent a couple of days exploring Auckland, then got our camper for a night at Wahai Beach and then a couple of nights at Rotorua where we’ll continue heading south tomorrow. So glad we finally made it here, very much like Tassie but also so very unique too. Plus I made my first purchase - at Jaycar to get a connector to fix the TV in the van so that now we have the TV working for the rest of the trip so I can check all that stuff out too for a bit of fun.

8 Likes

You have so much resilience, well done Karen. :slight_smile: Good on you. I have never met anyone so resilient and wants to try new things.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I lived in NZ for a bit over a year and was during the whole COVID Lockdown thing and I loved it over their
I only came back to Australia because things were going south with my ex girlfriend and then had a terminally ill family member

Still thinking about moving back there again one day.

If you have never been it is well worth it

3 Likes