Random Thread

Am I the only one who has no idea who Andrew Tate is. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Nope. Never heard of him until this all started yesterday.

7 Likes

No interest in knowing who he is, yet YouTube and other sites wonā€™t stop trying to push content about him to me even though I donā€™t follow anything related to his politics or views.

3 Likes

Reminds me of all the stories on that Cachia woman who appears in the Herald Sun every few days. Up until a few weeks ago Iā€™d never heard of her, yet the HS seems to be obsessed with her.

2 Likes

and abbie chatfield. I know she hosts a show on the (s)hit network, but surely that canā€™t be why the media and womens mags are so obsessed with her

4 Likes

Interesting advert placement on Ch10 a couple of weeks ago when they showed an ad for e-harmony during an episode of Dr Phil about the terrible things that can happen during online dating.

2 Likes

Some real bargains here.

Also among the 600 personal objects for sale is Arthur Boydā€™s painting Bird at Shoalhaven (with a price guide of up to $300,000), alongside a 2-metre tall ā€œfaux treeā€ in a blue planter (up to $300). So far just $20 has been bid for the tree.

Other objects that, at the time of writing, have low bids include a collection of empty wine bottles, fake flowers in a glass vase with a broken base, and a pottery sculpture depicting a bush toilet.

There are ā€œuntested kitchen electricalsā€ including espresso machines and an ice-cream maker, some old eskies, napkins, and crockery.

Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

What is this all about :

I clicked it and it goes to a site saying

And when David accidentally let slip about ā€œā€¦ a loophole known to any self-respecting financierā€ during a live broadcast, the signal immediately ended after a call from the National Bank of Australia. They feared that if too many people found out about this method, the banking system might collapse. But we managed to record a scandalous interview, allowing any of you to take advantage of this opportunity.

I too visit ABC News for fashion, celebrities and entertainment.

6 Likes

Click bait scam?

2 Likes
9 Likes

Iā€™ll never un-associate the two now :joy:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I might do this year sometime ,apply for my passport (I donā€™t have one yet!) and finally do the trip to New Zealand that Iā€™ve been wanting to do for a long time and to be able to say that Iā€™ve actually left Australia for the first time ever.Of course this depends on my work situation,if I do manage to get any part-time work within the next 6 months or so . I only have about 2 and a half hours work placement to complete of my 20 hours traffic controller training.I did another 6 hours yesterday, the first time since November last year as Iā€™d taken a short break from it. I also might consider working as a school crossing supervisor , thatā€™s only about 15 -20 hours a week and thatā€™s all I want from now on , I donā€™t want full time work anymore

3 Likes

Lucky Iā€™ve never suffered from air sickness on the many flights Iā€™ve been on over the years (Only within Australia though)I always choose a window seat on flights and hope I donā€™t need to use the restroom as I donā€™t like having to ask anyone seated next to me to get up to let me out

2 Likes

Three days ago, I finally figured out something which I had been wanting to do for at least a couple of yearsā€¦learning how to make a deepfake video!

Overall, iā€™m pretty pleased with how this turned out. I decided to make a video of Amanda Keller and Deb Knight because I have always felt as though the two of them have similar sounding voices. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried three times to get to New Zealand. The first time was growing up with our family, we were going to use our frequent flyer points and we had enough to get our family of 5 all the way to NZ via Melbourne and three quarters of the way back - then Ansett collapsed and we lost them all.

The second time we had our entire trip planned and our kids were mega excited and it got canned 1 week out because it was March 2020 and there was a little thing called COVID wreaking havoc across the world. That unfortunately sent me into a massive depressive episode for much of the year and the kids were pretty upset by it too.

The third timeā€¦ wellā€¦ all going well, this time next week weā€™ll be waking up on our first morning in Auckland and preparing to pick up our campervan that weā€™ll be using to explore the islands for a couple of weeks. Weā€™re also taking advantage of the now direct flights to NZ from Tassie too with Air New Zealand flying Hobart to Auckland a couple of times a week so we donā€™t have to go via the mainland anymore.

I hope you get your passport, we got ours specifically for our trip in 2020 and it was so devastating not being able to use it - in the end Iā€™ve used it twice to verify myself for some Microsoft examsā€¦ certainly not as fun or exciting as travel.

3 Likes

I deliberately renewed my passport in April 2020, thinking that the turnaround time for a passport would be quick and that Covid would be over soon. I was right on one count, wrong on the other.

In retrospect, Iā€™m glad I renewed my passport when I did though. It would have been a nightmare trying to compete with the mad crush of people getting their passports renewed as well last year.

1 Like

I got my passport renewed this time last year, Iā€™m very glad i beat the mad rush that came shortly after.

I have a couple of overseas trips planned this year.

Hopefully this time you can get to NZ without interruption.

In September I will be making my first overseas trip to Thailand. We will be flying from Melbourne Airport to Phuket and driving to our resort right next to the beach. There is bikes for hire, pre-made breakfast/dinner, 2 free massages, snorkelling, scuba diving and more.

2 Likes