Random Thread

6 Likes

Must operate at supersonic speed and then some to be able to visit 5,000 houses per second.

5 Likes

Christmas, didnā€™t have it cancelled due to lack of interest. To me It would be hypocritical of me to celebrate Christmas when itā€™s something religious and I donā€™t believe in that sort of thing. And I wonā€™t get involved in that sort of thing at all. Probably all the spiritual & sexual abuse from when I was a young lad.

Anyone else not celebrate this time of year?

As a kid, I used to watch Sailor Moon when it aired in the 90s on Seven. A few years later, everyone in school was into Dragonball Z.

I tried to rewatch the original series of Sailor Moon recently but itā€™s been redubbed. Totally ruined it for me.

Christmas for me was spending The day with my family,Iā€™m so lucky I have themšŸ‘
Hoping for a better 2023 ,new job (one I enjoy)

2 Likes

Would anyone know (or have experienced) why whenever I ask my Apple Homepod to play Smooth FM (Melb 91.5) it plays Syd 95.3? Even if I spell it out as SMOOTH 91.5 Melb etc ?

I can start it on my iPhone and play it from there, but Siri will never start it from voice prompt?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found the Siriā€™s capability to play radio to be woefully inconsistent - I gave up trying

1 Like

Are you in Sydney or Melbourne or elsewhere?

1 Like

In Melb.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦ i was thinking it was just playing your nearest Smooth, perhaps Sydney is a default setting at the host end.

You could just stream it on your phone or tablet, or since youā€™re in Melbourne anyway, turn on a proper radio and tune to 91.5 or on DAB if you have that.

2 Likes

GASPS LOL

Its all good, like I mentioned, I can make it happen via my phone to my Homepod, its just odd it chooses that station all of a sudden. It never used to.

2 Likes

I know! A lot of people probably donā€™t even have one in their loungeroom/living area any more.

Hifis have largely been replaced by soundbars and smart speakers.

2 Likes

Yup. Thatā€™s exactly what I have haha

2 Likes
3 Likes

The linked Rick Astley video on YouTube worked for me

1 Like

Bro got usā€¦

1 Like

Back on the Lego obsession drive again.

6 Likes

A new word enters the lexicon; smalldickenergy :rofl:

3 Likes

Follow up to the above post:

Romanian police were apparently able to identify that Tate was in the country after he posted a video response to Greta Thunbergā€™s ā€œemail me at smalld**kenergy@getalife.com,ā€ tweet - where a takeaway pizza box from a Romanian restaurant could be seen in the foreground.

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1608638621468483585?s=20&t=RvS350zzcAh2oxdWEg3y3w