Random Thread

I used to go to school with John Hyde, who once presented the sports news on Prime News in Tamworth. That’s pretty mundane!

4 Likes

One of my teachers had a house next to the Hemsworth boys down at Phillip Island.

2 Likes

Getting very tenuous here, but my friend’s cousin’s boyfriend put a kitchen in for whichever Hemsworth lives near Byron Bay. It was a beautiful installation by the sounds of things, I suppose they wouldn’t have cheaped out.

3 Likes

Wendy Kennedy and the other WIN News sports presenter (can’t remember his name) gave me and a couple of friends a bunch of Pepsi and other drinks and a couple of stickers and stuff at the David Boon Testimonial match at the NTCA ground in Launceston.

Peter Murphy from 7 Tas weather has also arrived at a couple of workplaces I’ve been at when he’s been doing his daytime job with one of the superannuation organisations.

4 Likes

Whoever knew there are 2.5 million ants for every human being on Earth… or about 20,000,000,000,000,000 (20 quadrillion) ants.

We will also reach a population of 8 billion people on Earth in the coming months.

3 Likes

Ok, just a random question how many people in the forum are actually journalists or currently studying to become one? Random question but that’s why it’s in this thread lol.

4 Likes

So COVID hasn’t really slowed us down at all?

Seemingly not … I think COVID deaths only ever represented a small percentage of overall deaths.

A BIG day in sport still in progress…

Have watched the AFL Grand Final, now watching Wallabies v All Blacks, and not long after that, it’s the 2nd NRL prelim between Penrith and Souths. Fortunately there is enough time between the union and league for dinner!

It’s one of those great days when too much sport is never enough!

2 Likes

Footy watching completed… three games, three one sided results… though Souths got the closest to springing an upset, Swans and Wobbollies no chance from the get go really.

Ah well, that’s football.

1 Like

mods can move thread if needed

Hello everyone:

I am looking to going to one of the three Victorian theme parks in January this year with family. It is either Adventure Park, Gumbuya World or Funfields to go to (no water rides at Luna Park, but would like to go to a park with both land and water rides)

Adventure Park: Has some water rides and also ones on land. It is almost the same time length to me in Bendigo as Gumbuya World (Gumbuya is further in distance, but around the same time as Adventure Park, but both are beaten by Funfields, length and time)

Funfields: Has the most water rides and is the closest to me, but I only went in 2020, and there isn’t enough land rides (even know there is the toboggan and pirate ship)

Gumbuya World: Has less water rides than the others, but do have a lot of dry rides (including two new roller coasters coming this year, which will equal up to three adding the other roller coaster that is currently there) Also is the furthest in distance and cannot bring food.

Which one should I go to? At this stage I reckon we are currently going to Gumbuya. Have been to all 3, and are picking which one to go again.

1 Like

i love DankPods

2 Likes

I’m doing a traffic control course in 2 weeks ,It’s for 1 day then you have to work 20 hours under supervision,holding up the SLOW/STOP bat at a roadworks or building site.Altus looks after traffic control here in Brisbane,if I get through the course and work placement hopefully they will offer me work. I’m paying for it myself as I’m still not eligible for Centrelink payments. I would rather not have to rely on them anyway. I’m not too old to learn something new,it doesn’t matter if it’s only casual, I don’t want full time work anymore

7 Likes

I hear those jobs pay very well, good luck with the course!

3 Likes

While it’s been over seven years since Million Dollar Minute (and Deal or No Deal for that matter) left our screens in September 2015, the show continued to live on in Vietnam.

3 Likes

Always enjoy the creativity when I don’t use adblocker :joy:

1 Like

Damn is Koch going to anchor Nine News???

3 Likes

I’m seeing these Koch spam ads on LinkedIn now too.

1 Like

What is the point of it? It’s probably the most confusing advert I’ve ever seen. especially with the random 9 news logo.

This just means you’re not the target audience of the scam they’re pulling.

3 Likes