Random Thread

2 Likes

16yo Shane Hawkins on drums at his fatherā€™s tribute concert at Wembley Stadium. Gave me goosebumps!

1 Like

The New Host of ACA. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Scott Morrison too busy with all the other jobs he takes on or he doesnā€™t hold a microphone?

One of the guys in my apartment building works at the fitness centre that Sarah Ferguson & Tony Jones attended when they lived in Washington DC. He said they were both lovely and he was sorry to see them go when they relocated back to Oz for Sarahā€™s new hosting role.

It strikes me as the sort of thing which is interesting, but I canā€™t really tell any of my friends of family because I donā€™t think anyone would really be interested. It did make me think of the question: whatā€™s the most mundane celebrity association you have?

Is your auntā€™s postmanā€™s dog whispererā€™s barista casual acquaintances with Erin Molan? Did you once say hello to Tony Barber in line at Subway? Curious minds want to know!

I like those stories that confirm what you believe to be true about the character of a celebrity such as those you mentioned.

I used to work with a guy that was a series regular (not one of the main stars) on Police Rescue. Met Gary Sweet and Jo Griggs through him back when they were a couple. Seemed like nice people.

Iā€™d love to confirm that someone else I used to work with who is sometimes talked about on this forum is a grade A arse hole but Iā€™ll resist.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t leave us in suspense!! Any clues?

My dadā€™s partner works at a childcare centre and met Kate Box (from Wentworth - Lou Kelly) when picking up her child.

1 Like

One of my late Nanā€™s closest friends is the sister of Leila Mckinnonā€™s mother Jo, and my Mum used to watch Leila when she was little.

I hear Leila was always quite fond of my Nana and was very happy to see her about 10 years ago at a wedding in NZ.

3 Likes

Grant Denyer and his family are often seen around Bathurst. He came into work last year to print off birthday invitations for his daughter. Another time I walked passed him in Big W. He looked quite frantic while trying to find his daughter in the Book section. Both occasions he seemed really nice.

Do politicians count? Deputy Premier Paul Toole always comes into work on his days off. He is always up for a chat. Agree or disagree with his politics, he seems to have a genuine passion for the state.

The nastiest celebrity I ever had anything to do with now co-anchors news on a weekend news serviceā€¦

Most are fine or even good.

About ten years ago I knew a guy who sold upmarket neck ties. He once showed his catalogue to a news presenter who refused to touch the catalogue and actually had a person who had to turn the pages for him.

Iā€™m curious who everyone is talking aboutā€¦are we allowed to name names??

1 Like

The Google logo on the search engineā€™s Australian homepage has turned grey as a mark of respect to Queen Elizabeth II, who died overnight.

Untitled

3 Likes

Black ribbon as well.

3 Likes

What a massive week itā€™s been in media and non-media stories. As mentioned in the TV Tonight newsletter:

Passing of Queen Elizabeth II.
Tracy Grimshaw steps down from ACA.
Wayne Carey drama.
Seven and Fox retain the footy rights.

8 Likes

And footy finals time!

2 Likes

I have no intention to purchase them.

I am wondering when you randomly hear people letting off fireworks sometimes (Iā€™m in regional Qld) where the heck are they getting them from?

No where sells them in Queensland .

Someone let some off down near the park in the dark and a car was seen driving off .

I think in Tasmania and NT they can buy them but then how the heck did they get them into Qld ā€¦

1 Like

Just a quick update on my little friend. Heā€™s doing really well at the moment and is finally allowed to travel. He and his family have just returned from a trip to the Gold Coast (and his first time on a plane), courtesy of the wonderful Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The foundation provided all flights, accommodation and theme park passes. He then used some of his money to treat his family to other adventures around the Gold Coast.

Things arenā€™t going to be easy for him as he gets older but for now heā€™s doing amazingly well, including being named ā€˜Student of the Termā€™ twice so far this year. Iā€™m very proud of him.

9 Likes

Is Doyen higher than Veteran?

I used to go to Kindy with Darryl Cottonā€™s daughter when he used to host the earlybird show on 10.

I also used to see Geoffery Rush on the tram often when i worked at crown and would commute to the city.

4 Likes