Random Thread

I had worked almost half of my life for this company, I stuck it out much longer than I thought I would,I’ve known for a while now that I had to leave,I’d lost my enthusiasm for the place

3 Likes

Enjoying the rest of my holiday.Of course I have to face reality when I return to Brisbane Saturday evening.Maybe I’ll end up leaving Brisbane for good ,and moving up here to start a new life,I know they need taxi drivers or Uber drivers here and I do know my way around here,I’m familiar with all the main roads etc.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to Malcolm Farnsworth’s YouTube channel? He had a lot of political news reports at one time, but it looks like his channel has been scrubbed.

Is the loading with 4 circles a new thing when you first open Mediaspy on a browser.

1 Like

Most of the links via his website are still active. Perhaps hidden to help raise some funds?

I’ve been wondering the same.

2 Likes

Just a warning to everyone about some of these banking scams that have been happening for a while. A friend lost $20k recently after receiving a call from her ‘bank’ saying her account had been compromised. It’s very easy to say that people are stupid/gullible etc., but my friend is a smart woman and she was caught out by how thorough they were. They knew so much about her, including account numbers and also information about recent credit card transactions. So easy to get fooled. Fortunately the bank returned her money but a lot of people aren’t so lucky.

3 Likes

No offence to your friend but was there nothing at all that raised suspicion?

1 Like

They apparently had a heap of information about her, including past purchases and bank transfers. She asked them questions but they had all the answers.

2 Likes

ABC Radio this morning had people ringing in with examples of this and it was surprising how elaborate the schemes were. A mother of a friend of mine was scammed as well; they knew so much about her.

One recent one mentioned on the radio was an SMS from your kids also reported earlier this month

When we are given options at eg. restaurants, elevators, buildings, for answers to questions, etc we seem to use A, B, C, D etc as the options, not 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

Not sure whty this is - I would prefer to use numbers as A to E all sound a bit too similar to my ears when they are read out…

Everyone knows this Eskimo Joe classic from 2006.

I used to think that the line “Argument over God continues” sounded like “I could look over God for ten years”.

But the most famous mondegreen from this song was “I don’t understand the point of fingers” (actual lyrics are “all of us stand and point our fingers”).

3 Likes

Apparently fossil fuel companies could be banned from sponsoring City of Sydney events (such as NYE fireworks).

3 Likes

So scared about Australian Free To Air tv now… I think I got spoiled for choice in the UK! I can see why people have been complaining about 10 peach lot of repeats that supposedly work for the audience.

Do I dare to go with Foxtel or keep my UK Tv subscription, (ahh I prefer Sky Sports, to foxtel to be honest).

Much prefer UK TV then the tripe we push out here. Half the time I’m either watching stuff via YouTube to catch up on This Morning or on 7Two watching the UK shows.

Don’t know if anyone on here knows this channel Steve Wallis (Camping with Steve) but his wife died in her sleep a few days ago , they’re only about 40 :frowning: They did a live stream not that long ago and he celebrated 1million subs. Just a nice genuine guy , quite sad news.

Rate My Takeaway, Danny’s wife died a couple of years ago too.

1 Like

I didnt know where to put this, its media related but a bit random too lol

Last night on The Cheap Seats they made a point of showing how Adam Hegarty from 9 Melb has a weird reporting style. In that, he takes long pauses mid sentence.

I’m listening to Gold 104.3 and the traffic guy, is doing a similar thing for each update. Almost talking like a robot or with a broken sentence.

So I wonder, is this an anomaly to these presenters/reporters, or is this something taught in ‘media school’ etc… (similar to hand gestures, head nods etc)?

1 Like

Can you crack the code in the new 50c coin released by the Royal Australian Mint today?

EDIT: a 14-year-old Tasmanian boy cracked the code in just one hour. The ASD will reveal the secret message at the end of September.

2 Likes

agreed. Ive been watching alot of UK FTA via my VPN (Mostly BBC, C4 and ITV) i quite enjoy some of the stuff i see - Heathrow, Britan’s biggest airport is great, i watch mock the week and my kids love milkshake on 5

3 Likes

BBC and ITV are my favourites as well. Im still subscribed to NOW TV for English Soccer.