Random Thread

Need an option for ā€œI call it bothā€ haha

1 Like

Is anyone using Threads? What a disappointment that turned out to be. Twitter killa my ass.

7 Likes

IMG_1519

i used it for a day and forgot about it lol

Mastodon/Bluesky hasnā€™t really impressed me either

4 Likes

Received a scam email from probably the most clever fake email address Iā€™ve seen, although i noticed the u instantly.

2 Likes

Still no volunteers are allowed to work with cats at RSPCA Brisbane,I heard thereā€™s a shortage of vaccines.Theres always plenty of work to do in the laundry room there and sometimes I need help if Iā€™m in there by myself ,Iā€™ve been mainly working in there since before Xmas

2 Likes

Seeing all these pings makes me think that Cynic is just a bot that we @ and it auto posts the latest press release :joy:

1 Like

Bought a Miele charcoal filter AA50 from Retravision in Perth online (Iā€™m in Central Qld) with shipping it was the cheapest at $37 compared to all the others at $39 .

So it arrives I open it up and theyā€™ve sent the AA30. I rang and they said sorry and have sent out the correct one (this one is coming from Bunbury not Perth)

Shouldnā€™t it have a cross or line through the kangaroo?

I think they need a rebrand to Ostria or Osterreich. Just like Czechia and Turkiye in recent years.

1 Like

Where has common courtesy gone these days? Especially regards to queuing.

This morning for example, I was queuing at Bakers Delight to purchase some rolls and an older lady pushed in and was served first. This hasnā€™t been the first time that it has happened and surely wonā€™t be the last with others pushing in to be served first.

Iā€™m sorry but no, line up like the rest of us and wait for your turn. Donā€™t get me wrong, yes we all get served eventually but donā€™t push in regardless of age, gender, race etc. Imagine if I did that? The out cry.

Itā€™s probably a first world problem but please be respectful of others.

8 Likes

It seems to be a uniquely boomer and above habit that they are entitled to service (or anything really).

2 Likes

I fought for this country in battles that means I can do whatever I want and if you say otherwise you deserve a whipping on your arse - Many boomers (not all) presumably.

More like ā€œmy father fought battlesā€ then they start calling everyone else entitled.

Got a diagnosis which was not unexpected but also a little unexpected the other day and one which I have a feeling Iā€™m not going to be alone with around this place which is why Iā€™m quite comfortable saying this.

The last few months at the push of some friends of mine Iā€™ve been undergoing the testing for an Adult ADHD diagnosis. On Wednesday morning I finally had my psych appointment and got the diagnosis and a bonus one I wasnā€™t expecting but very much not surprised at. Heā€™s put me as a high functioning ASD and said while he canā€™t give that as an official diagnosis because of the way it works and because itā€™s quite expensive to get the testing done and thereā€™s no treatment or anything for that heā€™s very certain about it.

Iā€™ve spent much of the last 48 hours reading all sorts of different things and itā€™s so good the only way I can describe it is like walking into a massive library and then having someone take you exactly to the right section to find what you need.

I posted about it on my FB the other night and had several people welcome me to the ā€œclubā€ and several messages and it was really great to have and made me so proud that the level of awareness and understanding in the last 10 - 20 years has changed so much that itā€™s now recognised as a difference and not as a disability. While thereā€™s definitely some traits Iā€™d love to not have it is still what makes me be me and Iā€™ve survived the past 40 years like this so looking forward to the new discoveries that come into the future.

14 Likes

Iā€™ve accepted that Iā€™m ā€™differentā€™ a long time ago ,
The only thing that was frustrating was that no one ,like my former workmates,didnā€™t understand me and I didnā€™t want to go into great detail about my ā€˜disabilityā€™,or why I acted like I did ,lost my temper or burst into tears too often was sad most days and never laughed :confused:
I would only say Iā€™m very shy ,I find it hard to make friends and mix with people,I have social phobia and anxiety,and prefer to be on my own.

6 Likes

Not alone mate. After 3.5 years of enduring mental torture despite being able to appear fine to everyone else, I spoke to a Doctor last Wednesday.

Iā€™ve been referred to a Psychiatrist for possible bipolar/schizophrenic assessment.

The very act of speaking to someone was so relieving, a weight off my shoulders. Iā€™ve now told family and friends. My struggles unfortunately make up so much of my personality, itā€™s good to not live a lie anymore and have people accept that I am a bit broken.

Not saying things are all ok now, but it certainly feels less isolating. Best of luck with your journey!

7 Likes

and to you too! Hope the journey becomes smoother but the trying to appear fine for everyone else certainly resonates. That was one of the things forcing me to seek advice - it was getting harder and harder to hide without having a meltdown which in public at nearly 40 years of age is quite embarrassing.

5 Likes

Fortunately for me I was aware of my problem when I was very young ,so I didnā€™t head into adulthood wondering why I was odd and different ,why I felt like I never fitted in ,firstly at school then later on at work.
Yes Iā€™ve had plenty of meltdowns in my time also :confused:I wish I wasnā€™t the way I am sometimes ,if I wasnt ,ie:if I was ā€˜normalā€™ I would have had better jobs that paid well ,instead of only been able to work in manufacturing .I still canā€™t believe I lasted as long in the workforce as I did.

5 Likes

Guess who is going to see TayTay on Saturday Night.

Finally were able to purchase four tickets at 2pm today and even though itā€™s restricted view tickets, itā€™s to say that Iā€™ve seen her live.

I like her so I can justify paying $65 each but donā€™t like her that much to justify the few hundred-thousand for non restricted viewing.

5 Likes

Gosh. We tried to get tickets in the original release but honestly with all the hype and the crowds that are going to be there, Iā€™m kinda glad Iā€™m not going. Might rent the tour and watch at home :wink:. enjoy though.

2 Likes

7.5 hours until TayTay lands in Melbourne!

3 Likes