Random Thread

So there’s our confirmation of the bear.

2 Likes

Sometimes I carry on like a bear with a sore head.

But I’m not a freaking bear. :rofl: For starters, I’m not that hairy, and I wear pants in public. :wink:

1 Like

Plus maybe they can get old Big Dog from Newcastle to cover it.

Also I have not been to the Easter Show since around 2009 when I was only around 9 turning 10. The reason why I do not go each year is not only how expensive it is to go but also crowd anxiety, combined with a possible outbreak of B117 in case someone went there from Byron or SEQ.

1 Like

Now that would be awesome. Although, they should’ve sent him to the Newcastle Show. I’d love to get a photo with him, to be quite frank. :slight_smile:

That’s fair enough. It does get crowded, people seem to think the world revolves around them and don’t give people enough space. As well as that, it is getting progressively expensive. The trick is, if you know you are definitely going, pick a date, base everything around it and get in on the early bird pricing. I used to get free tickets by being a Thunder member, so that bit helped.

2 Likes

April Fool’s Day jokes. There used to be a dedicated thread for these, but I suppose it only gets populated once a year. Here’s a good one from Weatherzone:

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/pole-flip-puts-down-under-on-top-/533815

5 Likes

Why don’t they look after their old mate ECC. :stuck_out_tongue:

Give me millions of dollars in subsidies. :rofl: Don’t know what for, but just give me the money. :laughing:

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/travel/australian-holidays/disbelief-at-new-south-australia-tourism-advert/news-story/01893095de258ce8e4f9ada3e28c953e

You’d think Tassie would be encouraging people to go down south. :wink:

1 Like

Once the border closures are done with you can come and explore all our maps of Tasmania!

Already been there, exposed myself, got fined, that’s enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Re, last night’s predictions: I was 60% right.

But remembering that Sarina Andaloro covered the 2019 Easter Show for Seven, one wonders why she wasn’t chosen to cover the lead-up. And if there was any regional network to only cover the event with a brief RVO, I’m sure most here would’ve picked WIN before Prime7!

We now return you to regularly scheduled randomness!

The exact details have faded away over time, but wasn’t there a really good one done by the NSW RTA (as it was still known as back then) around 15 years ago?

This ad appeared on my Facebook feed. Like a lot religious programs this is freely available on YouTube, yet they buy all this time on commercial television.

3 Likes

With times as tough as they are now, anything to make money which is within local broadcasting regulations I guess!

Along with the TV version of Leading The Way which is available in more than a dozen countries and eight languages, Dr Michael Youssef also makes extensive use of radio to spread his religious message. Going by their website, the “Leading The Way” radio program seems to be broadcast in about 50 countries and 12 languages. From the perspective of Australia & New Zealand it’s mostly on Christian stations/networks, although a few RPH stations (2, 4 & 5) also carry it.

2 Likes

Not exactly primetime slots being on mostly the secondary channels… or even GOLD there. A lot of the oldies don’t have YouTube.

3 Likes

Happy Easter!:rabbit:

5 Likes

Yep no network exclusives when it comes to religion or infomercial programming. It’s whoever has half hour slots available at a good price.

I’ve seen that show advertised on the back of a bus. Should’ve taken a picture of it.

2 Likes

And Christmas Day.

Is there a thread for ‘What the Hell Just Happened?’

1 Like