Random Thread

He’s done a sterling job.

1 Like

Today marks 12 months since I started working from home and in that time I’ve spent $111.00 on petrol…and I still have half a tank! Woohoo!!

3 Likes

Tomorrow for me! Are you heading back in any time soon?

Not if I can help it! Seriously though, I’m gradually going back into the office but for it works so much better for me to be working from home.

1 Like

It actually isn’t a good idea to have old petrol and oil in the car… Probably a good time to take it for a good drive and/or have it serviced.

Same for me and no talk from management about going back yet.

We’ve had a return to work plan in place since the beginning of the year, but for the time being my plan isn’t to return to work. My job is very consultative so it only really works if everyone is in the office. If they aren’t, all I’d be doing is holding Teams meetings at work and I can do that at home.

3 Likes

I think it’s ok because I had my annual service in November and most of my petrol was used during a 3 hour trip to see some friends at Christmas. My service was a few months late because of Covid but hopefully it’s all ok now.

2 Likes

I think it was this week a year ago when we started working from home suddenly… then we were back by about May or June then in September I got subbed out to a client for a 3 month contract and which is still going 6 months later for another 3 months at least which is good because they put on so many replacements back at the office to cover for me that I haven’t got a desk anymore! Although working from home was fun, I’m not sure how I’d go for a year of it - the constant snacking was really bad plus being on the phone to a client and having a 3 year old run in for a tickle break might get a bit old after a while.

2 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Odd choice of words Hoyts…

Easily done. :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks like a new movie with the title…

It is. But it sounds like “see nobody early” as in don’t go and see anyone at an early time.

Does no one else get the joke? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah I do.
Mildly amusing.
But of course, if you get there before anyone else does, you are going to see nobody :smiley:
I dare say Hoyts phrased that intentionally.

Anyone else shocked to find out he’s 90!

2 Likes

A little aspect ratio humour. A severe case of Vertical Video Syndrome.

3 Likes

They must live right near the transmitter to get a clear picture like that with just rabbit ears. Even if it’s just black and white.

Just incase anyone here was wondering, no I’m not going to be at the Showgrounds tomorrow. Although it probably should be pointed out that I was thinking about not attending last year’s event…obviously before that decision was taken out of my hands.

I am however, still willing to predict on Media Spy which television reporters I think we’re likely to see (provided that the event isn’t called off in the morning, etc.) representing their respective networks on tomorrow night’s Sydney/NSW news bulletins.

Seven: Since she’s filed most of their lead-up reports my first prediction is Isabelle Mullen, although it’s to my understanding that Chris Maher filed tonight’s “Easter Show Eve” report.
Nine: Let’s be realistic, I’m pretty sure you already know who!
Ten: Ali Donaldson.
WIN: Maybe Samara Gardner again? Although going by their Twitter feed, Liam Tapper was there today.
Prime7: Definitely Sarah Navin.

Now let’s see how right or wrong I am tomorrow! Of course other media organisations might have people there (in which case, apologies for missing you out) but I think I’ve managed to include most if not all the “major” TV players you’d expect to see filing reports at the first day of the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

2 Likes

Who?

1 Like

My guess is Humphrey B Bear.

6 Likes