Random Thread

You’re the one who wears the flag like a cape

1 Like

So you keep saying, but clearly you lie. Where did I relate Christmas trees to anything like that? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Get a room you two. :rofl:

3 Likes

They’re already out for Costco shoppers.

The Queen Victoria Building in Sydney erected a huge decorated tree in the centre last week. They’re calling it the “2020 Tree” and claim it isn’t their official christmas tree. Apparently it’s just there to cheer people up. I call it a cynical attempt to extend the season and irritate people by having a constant reminder that Christmas will be a sad and trying occasion for many this year. It looks like a fucking Christmas tree to me and occupies the space the usual tree does.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/major-retailer-already-selling-christmas-trees-and-decorations-and-people-are-mad/news-story/a7897f9c05299f037fd7234da4e34792

2 Likes

It was reported a couple of days ago that Kim Yo-jong has vanished from sight. She was last seen on 27 July. There are rumours that she is out of favour and probably now not the leading contender to succeed her brother.

6 News appears to subscribe to AAP, according to their copyright statement.

2 Likes

Being on the spectrum myself (as I’ve pointed out a few times before - and indeed would like others to if they’re comfortable enough doing so), I’m in absolutely no position to pick on autistics and of course apologise if that’s the impression you got from me.

I am however, perfectly fine with pointing out posters with particularly unusual obsessions (regardless of whether said users are on the spectrum or not) - while of course never personally attacking anyone for their opinions.

Yes, I get that obsessions are a huge characteristic of being on the autism spectrum. But while it’s impossible to ever be a perfect forum member (I’d certainly never claim to be one), at the same time I think it’s important not to let any obsessions you may have at any particular point in time to bleed too much into your online activity if you can help it. At least that’s the approach which works best for me.

Don’t know if this is an obsession as such, but one day I’d actually want to see/hear opinions from autistic Australians (who likely consume at least as much media as any neurotypical, and in many cases more) about how the media represents them. There have got to be some rather interesting stories to tell, especially from those - and we know there have been some in this country and indeed, here in Sydney for that matter - who are on the spectrum and have actually been in the media…

7 Likes

Fair to say we’ve had other users who have their obsessions with certain networks, presenters or other media things here in the past.
Not all of these posters would have been autistic.
As long as people can accept their chosen ‘obsession’ might have flaws, we can all get on fine. It’s when members have believed their obsession is above all criticism is when we run into issues.

Glad to have @MorticiaAddams on here, as well as yourself @SydneyCityTV.

10 Likes
1 Like

Not shocked, he looks like a psycho stalker.

6 Likes

He’d be the first to call for the gullotine if it was a Lib opp leader doing the same thing. I’m guessing that his opinion was formed from his hatred of the ABC being allegedly right-wing biased (puh-lease), and staunchly defending the Labor Party at all costs. Certainly seems like himself (and many of his devoted followers) will become the Mark Lathams of the 2050s.

With Kerri-Anne’s outspoken anti-PC stance these days in mind, I found this to be pretty funny…

3 Likes

:joy:
IMG_20200815_183643

9 Likes
3 Likes

David Jones is confused now :thinking:

3 Likes

He was called Daniel Anderson yesterday on a different new article - not by the Daily Mail.

3 Likes

Yeah, by The Australian.

Daniel Anderson one day, Daniel Jones the next!

3 Likes

So that’s what Daniel Jones has been doing since he left Savage Garden. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Aside from the obvious irony of KAK singing I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas*, I reckon it’s pretty obvious that she’s miming/lip-syncing to a recorded track in that clip!

*How on earth is that song appropriate for a Christmas parade in Sydney anyway? Not only do we celebrate Christmas during Summer, there have been very few if ever any recorded instances of snow around the Sydney metropolitan area during Winter - the absolute closest I remember there being to a Sydney snow event in my lifetime probably would’ve been when we got small hail on a particularly cold day sometime around 2008!

Speaking of Savage Garden, it it just me or do many of their songs (which I’m not saying were bad BTW) sound very much a product of their time when listened to with modern ears?

1 Like

Isn’t most music a product of its time?

1 Like

Well isn’t this lovely. FFS.

1 Like

Here’s something interesting…the account has now been deleted - there is now a new account with just one post, with the description “we won’t be silenced.”

It appears to have been created just one hour ago…another thing is they have a website and a store - which needs a password to visit.

2 Likes