Random Radio

what does that mean?

From a quick glance it was ABC RN, Newsradio, 2BL, 2GB and 2UE. Seems a pretty “normal” / mainstream-ish selection to me?

FWIW, mine are 621, 693, 774, 1026, 1278, 1377.

2 Likes

It must be that the music is at a faster tempo, which can make the vocals sound high pitched.

It’s a way to fit more songs in, as well as ads, but it also sounds good IMO. Better than music with no tempo that sounds slow.

3 Likes

The presets looked to me what you would get if you let the radio do a scan and lock in the first 6 stations it came across.

6 Likes

That’s what I was referring to…

Clearly you aren’t a sport fan with no 1116! Or maybe a sports fan but not a fan of Hutchy?

2 Likes

Maybe he’s not an Aussie Rules fan (heretical in the Culture Capital, I know).

It’s the equivalent of not having talkSOCCER in your presets in Britain…if you’re a fan of tennis.

2 Likes

Pretty much, although I did used to have 1116 but replaced it with one of 1278 or 1377, I can’t remember which one.

3 Likes

I do know someone who has a 2014 Toyota Aurion which uses a similar type stereo system, but with DAB+ support suprisingly.

4 Likes

At the RSPCA in dog and cat holding areas there’s a radio in each animal holding room always on 4MBS, 103.7FM,classical music is supposed to be good for calming the animals. No one’s allowed to change the station if you’re working in an animal holding area.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digital Radio - Content

I find the reception for The Breeze in the car is very good driving along the Ipswich motorway from around Rocklea onwards heading outbound so I’ve started listening to them driving to and from Wacol to the RSPCA,The RDS works properly too , I can see the song playing,etc

4 Likes

Yep I find Breeze is generally good on the southside with RDS. Even on the northside it’s pretty good on the Gateway all the way to the Bruce Hwy. You’re on 92.1 right? Not 100.6

2 Likes

Yes I was on 92.1,if I’m driving to the Gold Coast I’ll change it to 100.6FM

3 Likes

Who does the traffic for Illawarra and Shoalhaven (i98, Power FM/2st/Wave and Pulse 94.1FM)?

1 Like

Even receiving some signal of 92.1 The Breeze Logan into Morayfield! (depending on who you ask, it can be called “Moronfield”) No RDS obviously, but a patchy but listenable signal.

5 Likes

I’ve stayed at Pelican Waters near Caloundra and got fair reception of Rebel 90.5 and Breeze 92.1 there too.

3 Likes

Reception would probably be better than Morayfield, the only physical obstacle up near Pelican Waters is North Bribie Island, and possibly Redcliffe. Still would have a near direct straight line towards Brisbane, Have also picked up Rebel 90.5 near the Bribie waterfront, with a near direct view of Brisbane.

3 Likes

It’s pretty flat there too… And I was on a 4th floor south facing balcony hotel room at the time which helps!

4 Likes

Found it easier on a car stereo to pick it up, my portable radio (PURE Elan One) has a very basic adjustable antenna, with most Brisbane stations picked up easily, but stations based in the southside are write offs, did manage to get a staticky signal of River949 from Sandstone Point at night time. Sometimes the DAB+ reception is better than FM.

I do remember a Bribie local commented on a post made by Rebel 106.7 Wide Bay announcing it had implemented full RDS saying they needed
a Rebel station on Bribie, they commented saying that they could try streaming, or adjust their antenna until they recieve 90.5

I believe they should create a decently powered North Brisbane relay of both 90.5 and 92.1. One that can be picked up as far north as the Sunshine Coast, mainly since all Brisbane commercials can be recieved very well (with full RDS) as far north as the Sunny Coast.

2 Likes

But they can only establish a station within the remote commercial radio licence area, areas that aren’t included in local commercial licence areas plus there has to be a community in the area that isn’t being served. So in SEQ that was Beaudesert 92.1 and Mt Tamborine 100.6 and then later Childers 102.5 for Breeze - all communities that weren’t covered by commercial radio licence areas.

2 Likes