Random Radio

Reminder- tonight.

1 Like

Yes @TV.Cynic and it’s also 95.3 ABC Sunshine Coast from Black Mt behind Cooroy in Noosa Shire (not Gympie as listings claim).

1 Like

Yes - it seems like a good option - if it interferes with either signal on 95.3 (very unlikely) there is an easy alternative frequency for both regions.

Signal is only really useful in suburbs close to the CBD with mobile reception dropping off fairly quickly though would be receivable with an external antenna.

2 Likes

Can you get it at all where you are?

Receivable with omni directional antenna. - if using one aimed to north or south it gets wiped out.

2 Likes

Very audible in the car and off the (broken) TV antenna where I am too. As you’ve said it’s a frequency they’ve used before and normally switches off shortly after Riverfire. No RDS this time though from what I can see, it has been there previously.

2 Likes

Noticed that. It’s a shame.

1 Like

So did anyone hear the start of Summer Love as mentioned before with the fake Coast FM imaging. “Our guarantee, only the best of the 70s, 80s, 90s and today.”

Then the discussion in the car was about what happened to the 22 years of music between the 90s and today.

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed 102.9 2ST signal being weaker then normal again?

Absolutely no signal again on my hifi with dx setup. Normally I get a noisy stereo signal.
Tropo conditions are flat today but all other dxing signals are within normal flat conditions range.

2 Likes

At my home location just north of Campbelltown, I’m getting 102.9 2ST fine on my non-DX radio.

2 Likes

Must be my location and weather related.

1 Like

It is very weak atm.
Maybe weather related, even ABC Orange outlet on 102.7 drifting into static at times.

2 Likes

Even noticing it on the car radio too, similar strength to Highlands Fm (2WKT)

What seems weird, I normally get better reception with westerly cold fronts.

Current Hepburn tropo map

1 Like

August and September are usually the worst months for tropo, though that’s largely due to the predominance of dry westerly winds. We’re in another easterly rut at the moment so that doesn’t apply, but conditions are nonetheless poor: cool and dry down here, rain further north.

2 Likes

Driving around my local area tonight 2ST is very weak in the areas where it is is normally quite good. In some places Highlands fm (2WKT) is stronger. Highlands fm seems to be close to normal strength.

I wonder if they are having issues again like earlier this year when the signal dropped significantly for a period of time then rectified itself?

Edit Triple M is cutting in over the top on the car radio, and even Eagle fm is being received stronger in places. It is significantly down in strength.

3 Likes

Maybe they are doing works like we saw with Knights Hill earlier?

2 Likes

I was just checking on my same non-DX radio at my home location, and 2ST is now much weaker than it was this morning. Also, I’m now getting Star 104.5 much better than 2ST on that same radio.

3 Likes

Something is not right, I would say the ERP has dropped down again from 2kW to around 500W like it did last time. 102.9 2ST is only marginally stronger then Highlands Fm (2WKT) on both my dx setup and car radio.

2 Likes

Driving around Cherybrook near Flower Power, one of the best spots for 102.9 2ST in NW Sydney. The signal was weak there too, no RDS decode, normally I can get a full RDS decode.

I rang 2ST and they will get the tech to look into it.

4 Likes

Excellent @Ant5476, great initiative!

3 Likes