Random Radio

A balance is good. Sometimes you need people who are very quiet and just get the job done but having a few extraverts is good also. Some people are very smart but need direction. Culture is a big thing and in Asia face is important.

Having too many people wanting to take control of an organisation like a community station would be a problem and arguing a lot is unhealthy.

I think having people who are passionate but can also be flexible and change their minds as an idea someone else has is better, is one element of being a good leader.

Anyway i am the weeds too.

RRR, PBS and 3CR in Melbourne have charity drives for two weeks every year, RRR and 3CR call it a “radiothon” while PBS calls theirs “Radio Festival”.

3 Likes

I’ve just been to Morningside PO to collect a parcel and they are now listening to KIIS 97.3 on an analogue radio.They no longer have a DAB radio in their store.Maybe it belonged to one of of their staff members and they took it home

2 Likes

Yikes! They’ve had that DAB radio for years and years…

3 Likes

This was the first time I’d been there for about 3 months,they still had their DAB radio then.Maybe the staff member who owned it no longer works there.
I also popped into the Foodwooks store and they still have their DAB radio,they listen to Smooth DAB

2 Likes

Slightly awkward radio moment for Eddie McGuire on ‘Hot Seat’ today.

Eddie to Contestant - “Now you used to be a big Triple M fan?”

Contestant - “Yeah, when are you coming back?”.

Ed: (awkward chuckle) “Well, its good to have you here anyway…”

6 Likes

My workmate who was listening to 4KQ(R.I.P😕)is now listening to Smooth DAB on her DAB radio

5 Likes

It’s not Dick Johnson? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3b6PEcBcY

2 Likes

“G’day it’s Kimmy’s dad”

2 Likes

I don’t mind hearing Kate Bush’s hit from 1985 again,”Running up that Hill” ,for some reason I didn’t like this song much back then,it’s been given a new lease of life, I read that this song was featured in a Netflix series.

5 Likes

Stranger Things. You don’t read the Music thread?

2 Likes

I always loved the song even back in the day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well it really stands out from all the crap music that Nova plays every day

2 Likes

Sounds like your radio is the subject of a NOVA-ted lease.

2 Likes

I’ve been working in a different area,listening to Nova,a workmate has been off with Covid for a week and I’ve been working in her area and because it’s her radio there I don’t want to change the station,forgot my Bluetooth speaker and I wanted some music on otherwise I get bored.Thank god I don’t have Covid yet though ,hope I don’t get it

4 Likes

No I didn’t

2 Likes

Spotted a huge sign at Brisbane Airport this morning advertising SENQ 693AM ,’new home of sports ‘ RIP 4KQ😕

6 Likes
2 Likes

My accomodation for this week is only about 2 blocks from the ARN/Grants studio building for Power 100 and Star 106.3
Yesterday I went for a drive to one of the shopping centres here in an Uber car and my driver was listening to Power 100,they are definitely the best out of the FM stations up here

8 Likes

Power 100 is one of my favourite stations to stream, would be good if K-Rock used their log here (probably won’t happen though)

6 Likes