Random Radio

Attention Sydney Tools, Total Tools, and every other advertiser that yells and screams in an intentionally aggravating manner…

Your ads don’t increase the likelihood that I will shop with you! The only thing that I’m more likely to do is switch to a different station.

4 Likes

Oh come on, Frank Walker just wants to say…

You have to admit the crazy warehouse ads of yore were an entertaining entry in this pantheon, albeit they were on the tube.

4 Likes

Written and sponsor by the President of the Blind Factory Appreciation society. Vice President is Gerry Harvey and Bing Lee

2 Likes

How good is Frank Walker … “National Tiiiiiiiiles”. On this subject i recall many years ago Singo did radio ads on (i think) 2KY for a discount chain store called Harry S Bags or something like that. Annoying as hell but they stuck in your mind and the stores boomed for a time.

On another random radio topic … i was listening to Steve Price semi-regularly via Australia Today on DAB+. Seems that has been pulled down from DAB recently. Must be just online now?

4 Likes

Frank Walker is the best… The ads are clearly successful too

3 Likes

When was the last time you listened to a Classic Hits station and thought…” mmmm… that doesn’t sound like a classic hit to me?”

Too many stations in the Classic Hits arena dilute their brand and therefore their ratings performance with a universe pumped full of weak testing songs and poor music scheduling.

K-Earth has a playlist tighter than many Hot AC stations. K-Earth is laser focussed and the ratings don’t lie.

In a competitive environment, a Classic Hits format is all about songs the audience LOVES…. not just the ones they like.

3 Likes

Oh yes, what a wonderful idea - tighten the playlists even more. Play “The Power Of Love” and “Don’t You Want Me” five times a day on WSFM. That will send ratings through the roof :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, I actually have a soft spot for good old Frank.

3 Likes

I always thought he was trying to take off of Micheal hill (jewellers) ads of the 80s/90s

1 Like

Same here. Yeah I can’t find anything official on what’s happening?

1 Like

Did this feature the line ‘cheap cheap cheap’! I recall an ad featuring that but can’t for the life of me figure out what it was. It was a long time ago, possibly in the 90s.

1 Like

Hmm I was in LA for a week or so back in 2015 and quite liked K-Earth but even then it seemed very very tight in its playlist. I think it’s fine for short periods like driving but it’s not something you could have on all day.

I prefered KOST and KOLA. KOST is soft AC and KOLA was classic hits, just much broader than K-Earth.

3 Likes

I wish Frank Walker would p**s off
Thank goodness I haven’t heard his ads on 4BH yet ,every other commercial radio station has him on👎

3 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before he pops up on 4BH I’m afraid. I’ve noticed a few other regular 4KQ advertisers starting to pop up on 4BH.

Have you been into the Morningside PO lately? Keen to hear if they’ve switched to 4BH. I was in Morningside Tyre Power last week and they had 4KQ blaring :frowning:

3 Likes

I haven’t been to Morningside PO for a while so I don’t know if they’ve changed their radio to 4BH.I’m sure they have by now.Last year when I took my car to Tyrepower Morningside for a wheel alignment I remember they were listening to 4KQ then

3 Likes

This could apply to many (if not most) commercial radio stations. Some of them have ‘no repeat workdays’, but the same tracks are repeated again the next day, so it starts to get annoying.

4 Likes

Sorry just trying to catch up, has Australia Today been given the flick?

1 Like

Off digital yes, 8kbps given to four music stations on the same SCA encoder.

SCA have not returned calls about this either. What are they afraid of? Grant and the SCA board love digital radio and Steve Price to host their own talk content, so why, without explanation would the show be removed from digital radio? Apparently it was on air on Friday during the show yet gone later in the morning.

Instagram would suggest it is still running however Monday was quiet on activity, only one post for Tarsh’s Morning Agenda which is usually followed by more posts/stories for Steve’s show.

Is the webstream still running? Earlier, was a post here of a URL.

Found it:
https://wz2liw.scahw.com.au/live/2listnrlive_128.stream/playlist.m3u8

Unless SCA have changed streams and this is a placeholder, running the standard Beats Bakery production music (why not Australian music?). “Australia Today with Steve Price” by the usual female voice talent plays every 40secs or so.

Is there a new URL for Australia Today to listen to the show?

2 Likes

What à la an MTR style on air axing? I note nothing on Steve Price’s Twitter about it either.

1 Like

Whenever I’ve listened I’ve found KRTH very ‘safe’ which I suppose is the point. Nothing unexpected. One thing though is they need to avoid being too similar to the co-owned JACK FM that is more diverse.

I thought that the sale of The Sound was a big loss to LA radio a few years ago.

1 Like