Random Radio

I know what you mean. TuneIn hasn’t bothered to put the Grant stations on their list, even though they’ve switched their streaming back on over a year ago. Until the arrival/relaunch of RadioApp about 2 weeks ago, the only way to listen to those stations on a mobile device, apart from downloading all the station’s apps, is to get the streaming links from each website.

1 Like

I think it’s up to the individual station (or in some cases, the public) to submit their direct streaming links to TuneIn.

TuneIn don’t trawl the internet looking for radio stations to add.

VERY Random Radio

Today’s date was the phone in number for STAR FM in the DMG Radio days.

13-12-16

5 Likes

Still used today, even under SCA ownership

1 Like

Yep, it’s the number for all of the regional Hit network stations.

Is there any significance behind the 131216 number? Or is it just a random number plucked out?

ABC NewsRadio Coonabarabran has a fault- it’s mostly an open carrier with a bit of garbled speech just audible at times. The fading pattern matches Coonabarabran.

I got this explanation from the ACMA (finally - about 7 weeks after I sent them an email!) about the Excel spreadsheet files being out of date:

“Thank you for your email, yes you are correct the transmitter planning data on the web site is from May 2016. It was anticipated that the publication this data would be updated regularly however the ACMA implemented a new licensing system in July this year and data needed to be migrated from the old system to the new system. The new licensing system is still being bedded down and the data purification is not yet complete. It is anticipated that this process will be completed soon and an updated version of the Planning data released, at this stage we do not have an exact date, however if there is something specific you would like to know prior to the next update please let us know”.

1 Like

##The Most Played Song in Australia for 2016

‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ from Justin Timberlake was the most played song on Australian radio in 2016.

AirCheck™ released the figures today showing ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ in the top spot with 19,137 spins and Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna with ‘This Is What You Came For’ in second place with a total of 17,120
instances.

2016 Top Ten Songs by Airplay (1/1/16 to 19/12/16)

The Top 100 most played songs for 2016 are published here

The No.1 song had a substantial lead with 2,017 more plays than the runner up ‘This Is What You Came For’ from Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna. With 19,137 spins throughout the year, ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ has received more than 1,254 Hours and 32 Mins of airtime, which is remarkable since its first airplay was only in May this year. This kind of airplay is equivalent to playing the track on repeat for 52 days!

Hit 104.12DayFM in Sydney wins the prize for playing ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ the most, with 1,057 spins and Nova 969 in Sydney close behind with 1,038.

Keith Williams, RCS Vice President Asia Pacific said “It is disappointing to only see 2 Australian songs in the Top 10 this year. Sia at number 4 with ‘Cheap Thrills’ and Flume at number 5 with ‘Never Be Like You’. Last year Sia was also in the Top 10 with ‘Chandelier’. The good news is there are a total of 17 Australian artists in the Top 100 most played songs for 2016” he commented today.

AirCheck, the Leader in Local Media Monitoring in Australia, checks the airplay of songs and commercials on ALL 54 commercial radio stations 24/7 in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Central Coast, Newcastle and Geelong, plus Triple j and FBi-FM in Sydney, Fresh FM in Adelaide and ABC Local Radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane Adelaide and Perth.

I Took A Plane To Ibiza

ahh don’t you love radio edits, at least try to make it relate to the song or change the other explicit themes!

I took a plane to Ibiza to show Avicci that I was cool,
And when I finally got sober, felt ten years older
But it was something to do

wot

Surprised Closer wasn’t further up! That was every 2nd song I swear this year.

1 Like

An editorial by Brad Smart on Radio Today about the AM-FM conversion in regional solus markets:
AM to FM: Throwing Listeners under the Bus

4 Likes

I see a new mobile base station at Thornleigh marketplace. Is there an easy site to find who that belongs too? Ie Telstra etc.

The ACMA register: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/register_search.main_page
You can search sites by map.

Thanks webguy. I found it but it does not seem to have an owner yet. Maybe once it switched on it will list who it belongs too.

Site ID 10001711
Name 2-12 The Comenarra Parkway
Location Thornleigh NSW
Precision 10
Latitude (GDA94) -33.731095
Longitude (GDA94) 151.081561 [ KML ]
Licence Fee Density High Density Area

http://www.rfnsa2.com.au/SiteInformationReports/Index?sid=kE8Vj62LdOs2PcdPy60H81f7Ed16T8Uf0phby1icZsIkMHj81h&siteID=2120016

it appears to be an Optus and Vodafone site on the EME Report link

1 Like

Can someone please do a “National Tiles” Remix of this tune?

1 Like

Hello!

Who was that chap that voiced the radio ads?

Frank Walker or someone?

Yeah, Frank Walker. Looks like someone has done the obvious choice.. This is very well done.

2 Likes

jesus, thanks to watching those videos I’ve found more.

Love the Duck Sauce classic - Frank Walker or Martin Solveig’s banger - Hello or if you feeling in the mood to party Legend 24-7’s party starter - National Tiles Remix

'cuse me while I cash in on this now.

Good Brad, he states the uncomfortable truth.

FM conversion will leave many hundreds of kilometres of highway without commercial radio coverage and many little towns on the fringe of licence areas.

In an age of large bandwidth internet coming to even small towns via wireless technology, the internet will become more prevalent. So will the media choices.

If you are a business making local content, you need to have the best delivery possible. AM radio often does this beyond the reach of mobile and wireless internet.

DRM for AM and FM bands is necessary in the far flung areas. What we need is receiver demand for it, govt legislation can influence this. Currently, it is not and the voters and audiences are the losers. So too will the proprietors in time.