Chris Rea - Road to Hell.

5 Likes

Sailor - Traffic Jam

Got to have a song by The Cars - Drive

4 Likes

Red Light - Duke Dumont

Don’t Pay The Ferry Man - Chris De Burgh

4 Likes

No, but on a similar topic - it appears NSW are now allowing roadside signage promoting the ABC as the emergency broadcaster, the one installed near my place promotes ABC’s FM frequency rather than their AM frequency.

The sign isnt in the TfNSW sign database yet though

1 Like

I noticed a new sign near Williamsdale (south of Canberra) that directs people to tune to 666 & 810 AM for emergency information. No mention of 1602 Cooma. 810 only really comes in once you get past Cooma heading down towards the coast.

3 Likes

Covered a few weeks ago here.

2 Likes

I wonder if that was deliberate since 1602 coverage is fairly limited?

1 Like

Probably nowhere yet, it’s only been added to their traffic sign manual officially last month, search for TC2356 in the linked list of amendments.

Obviously they’re looking at setting up LPONs in certain places for this, if they’re mentioning FM 88 as the likely example. Hard to know what it’d be used for but I wouldn’t be surprised if @Brianc68 is right and they are planning it for more of the Bruce Highway upgrades due down the track.

The only other mention of a Roadworks Radio on Google goes back to a NSW state parliament question-on-notice paper in 1994 (!) and I have no idea about that.

1 Like

Yeah, December 2021 it was approved. And if TMR added it to their official TC signs, it will have been requested by someone for a particular use. Most likely a project or one of the TMR regions doing works where they feel it would be beneficial.

I guess from a licencing perspective having an LPON to cover a short section of roadwork (say where contraflow arrangements are in place) might be fairly straightforward, providing there aren’t others in the area already. Not sure who they are going to have broadcasting on it - will it just be the traffic controller standing there with a handheld radio telling them how long they have to wait? I’d love to record some audio if it was…

1 Like

Apparently in the 90s (and perhaps even earlier) there were ‘talking sign’ LPON like operations for homes for sale and at car dealerships etc. They basically delivered an automated sales pitch for the homes and cars on offer. Does anyone remember tuning into one?

1 Like

Faith FM appears to have brought up most of 88FM in NSW. I think usually the same frequency of tourist radio.

3 Likes

Yep and I bet a good majority of them are not even on air…
The monopoly by the religious groups needs to be stopped

5 Likes

Heard on Logan 101 FM today.

2 Likes

I realise I’m being optimistic here, but does ACMA enforce the anti-hoarding provisions in the BSA wrt LPONs?

2 Likes

They don’t appear to do this for any other licenses, so I don’t see why they would for those off band LPONs.

1 Like

I am yet to see it, they don’t seem to do much about LPONs not playing by the rules
Have a LPON here in Toowoomba with a quasi commercial format and at once stage running a 500w TX and ACMA has done nothing until the local commercial stations have submitted complains and they ask them to turn down the power which they did for a week or so and then turnt there TX back up to 250w
It really is a friggin joke how much the rules get broken and nothing gets done
The rules are followed better in NZ on there low power arrangement over there and they ain’t even friggin licensed :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Getting a bit sick of all the Listnr app ads…

On Nights With Dave Gleeson on Triple M, nearly every ad break has a Listnr ad.

And whilst down here in Canberra for a few nights, I’ve just turned onto to SCA 10 TV and seen a Listnr ad… I know there is an easy solution … don’t listen to/watch SCA!

11 Likes

They need better sales people to fill the gaps, lol.

4 Likes

Why don’t we have a weather radio service in this country? How good would that be? :+1:

2 Likes

Tad niche, no?

2 Likes