Random Radio

Shave your head?

7 Likes

And so, 91FM (Saigon) daytime block has phased out most of health brokered segment. For monday, wednesday and friday, they have a WSFM-like music format interspersed with information from newspapers, health tips and traffic update read by announcers live. One-minute “The Sharing Corner” brokered health segment and two-minute segment on advices of Transportation Law are broadcast daily. “Saigon - live it and love it”, airs for 20 - 25 minutes per episode, examining life and stories about daily life of the city, now airs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. On Sunday the Hanoi edition of the said program is broadcasted on the Saigon feed, and vice versa.

Also it’s worth noting that ABBA is among core artists in 91fm Hanoi playlist (that airs during breakfillers) - because currently not many places in the world know this famous artist nor having radio stations playing songs from ABBA anymore.

1 Like

ABBA still gets played a lot on UK, Australian and North American radio. Good to hear they are still getting airplay in Vietnam.

3 Likes

The studio of 91FM Saigon during the evening program. One of the screen shown in this photo is the traffic cameras, as the station has a duty of airing traffic updates. The program is partially scriptted, the script is written by himself. Music is either his choice or callers’ choice, and it’s all about own unfiltered feelings and life.

4 Likes

with so many posts about Vietnam Radio, there should be a category about it on Media Spy rather than spread throughout different categories.

7 Likes

There is this neglected thread which would suffice, I think:

4 Likes

Interesting to note that @Marcus_Paul has re-activated his ‘Marcus Paul in the Morning’ Facebook page.

Please tell us we will hear Marcus pop-up somewhere again soon?

I’d love to hear BOG give him another chance on 2SM Sydney.

5 Likes

I am taking a three week break in Noosa. I was so surprised yesterday when I checked out the options for music radio. I was prepared for a Hit and a Triple M station, that although branded like the Sydney stations, they would sound nothing like them. I did not come all the way to Noosa to listen to MMM or a 2DayFM knock off.

To my surprise, I have two local options - Mix (with a logo I have never seen before) and Hot (also with a logo I have never seen)

This is great as I wanted to be on holidays and away from Sydney. I am now going to listen to the radio a lot!

I reckon Hot and Mix may be owned by operators that also broadcast in Sydney, but I don’t want to know. I just want to feel like I am in Noosa.

8 Likes

Hot is owned by ARN, but Mix is owned by a new independent operator, GSL Media, who acquired the station from EON Broadcasting last year.

Also, give 91.9 Sea FM a listen, which is also owned by GSL. :slight_smile:
There’s also Zinc 96.1 & 100.5, which is a Classic Hits station owned by ARN.

The Sunshine Coast does have some quite interesting local radio stations, both commercial & community.

8 Likes

On my trip to Noosa in 1998 as a kid, I exclusively listened to THE HEAT 96.1 as it was then.

5 Likes

You should also check out Zinc FM (96.1) with its Noosa relay on 100.5 plus the local community station for Noosa 101.3 is also quite interesting. Note that Hot FM is also on 97.9 in Noosa.

4 Likes

Thank you TV-Expert, I now have several more choices. I love it when I travel and the radio stations have are different to the ones in my home town.

3 Likes

Yes, received via Es with RDS here this summer. Unfortunately I didn’t get a video and now I’ve lost the frequency to ABCRN Goulburn.

2 Likes

Sea FM and Mix FM were approved for Noosa translators on 102.5 and 103.3 years ago but have never been switched on.

Sea and Mix can be hard to receive in Noosa since their transmitter is down the other end of the coast at Bald Knob (approx 46 km as the crow flies).

8 Likes

Given that it’s surprising the translators haven’t been switched on, particularly since the competition has done so. Noosa is a pretty popular holiday and seachange destination.

On the subject of translators, still no movement on the GN FM/Eagle translators at Braidwood.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m surprised they’ve done Crookwell but not Braidwood…

3 Likes

Both translators received in my eastern location fairly well with RDS.

3 Likes

Can you get 4NSA 101.3 Noosa or 4GCR 91.5 Gympie where you are?

2 Likes

Noosa 101.3 is strong

91.5 is marginal plus there are 2 other stations on the 91.5 Coffs and Toowoomba

2 Likes