Random Radio

Good to hear, though it wouldn’t have made the result any more palatable… that’s almost as bad as losing to the Sunwolves!

1 Like

Does anyone have an easy fix when the buttons on digital radios start to play up? Like instant of being the mode button, it because the volume button etc. Has happened to most of my dab radios.

Is there a reset option in the menu or a reset pinhole?

I will try that. I suspect its dust getting into radio, causing the bottom to 50 percent of the time having the wrong function. Its happened to Sony, Sangean and the Bush.

1 Like

They were hopeless. It was like watching the WIN mappy grow arms and legs and run around a field for 80 minutes.

2 Likes

Perhaps better suited to another thread as not specifically AM/FM conversion where this was first discussed:

The trick is for stations to foster an interest in both IT and broadcast technology, work with engineering staff to develop a winning combo of interest over RF engineering and IT.

1 Like

And there are barely any stations transmitting RDS 2.0 either, as it requires it’s own carrier, just above RDS 1.0, and therefore is not backwards compatible.

3 Likes

Thanks Josh.
I found your info & this pdf quite enlightening

http://www.rds.org.uk/2010/pdf/R15_028_2.pdf

3 Likes

Interior lights in modern cars should’ve moved to power saving LED bulbs.

4 Likes

a major radio station up here in brisbane was looking for a trainee broadcast engineer. i sent in my resume and got a call about it and as soon as i mentioned i was a licensed ham they seemed to be not interested any more. the thing is i would have been happy as a pig in the proverbial - working in radio in a sector i enjoy. doesn’t matter though. i now work for one of the worlds biggest law firms in the IT department.

4 Likes

We know it wouldn’t have been 4TAB, retired GM Kempy a big ham and others too, right @4TAB-1008kHz ?

2 Likes

Screw it, I’ll name them. It was SCA.

4 Likes

Any of us here for more than five minutes would not be surprised to read of this.

3 Likes

Licensed ham here to and it helped me get my current and last gig… It shows you have a interested in radio and also shows you don’t just like it in a work environment but also in your spare time.
Damn I even have a VHF Ham rig sitting above the work bench in the engineering office where I work to monitor the local 2 metre repeater :grin:

@crankymedia you will find @4TAB-1008kHz is also a licensed amateur as well :wink:

6 Likes

I would’ve thought so and so would’ve @Tejas57 I’m sure.

What content in on the 2m repeater?

Yes, hence my mention that 4TAB has a long line of licensed amateurs from previous GMs along to present day.

If you can fix your own problems with amateur operations, you can fix the work problems that crop up daily.

2 Likes

it’s been an issue for ages with pre-sets and digital scanning radios, but with DAB where frequencies don’t matter it’s going to turn into a bigger issue

2 Likes

Licensed Amateur as well but not interested get a tech gig.

Living near Shepparton, The ammount of Amateur is huge because of the radio australia site

2 Likes

Well TV is no longer “Channel 2” or “Ten” or “Seven” etc. I guess 7 never called themselves as ATN to give that local Sydney feel.

The names are “wrong” , WS FM should have the name 2UUS but did not call themselves that.

3 Likes

Well it was 2WS for Western Sydney when it was on the AM band. Maybe they should have been 2 GWS for Greater Western Sydney.