Random Mocks

Love the retro feel of that Ten logo :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Been having a play with some ideas…

22 Likes

I LOVE that!

The typography looks a bit like the CBS Evening News. Looks good!

3 Likes

I really like this. Clean, distinctive and modern.

Love it! I would change the logo box to a different colour for breaking news though. Maybe black? Or a darker red to separate it from the red strap a bit.

Very rough photoshop for nine news North Korean USA Summit

6 Likes

That double-header would make for some interesting chemistry at the news desk.

6 Likes

The ABC Radio logos look a bit awkward in smaller sizes, but perhaps something like this could work to break up the autonomy of the Local Radio DAB+ Slideshow images?
MOCK%20-%20ABC%20Radio%20Sydney%20DAB%20%20Slideshow%20-%20Breakfast%20(2018)MOCK%20-%20ABC%20Radio%20Sydney%20DAB%20%20Slideshow%20-%20Afternoons%20(2018)
MOCK%20-%20ABC%20Radio%20Sydney%20DAB%20%20Slideshow%20-%20Drive%20(2018)MOCK%20-%20ABC%20Radio%20Sydney%20DAB%20%20Slideshow%20-%20Evenings%20(2018)

Admittedly just pictures of the personalities with a logo (recoloured to sky blue for a more “Sydney/NSW” feel, other markets would probably do something similar) incorporated, although listeners of ABC Local Radio who are lucky enough to have a DAB+ radio that can show the images probably already know what time the various shows are on anyway!

3 Likes

Good work with your designs & thoughts.

probably already know what time the various shows are on anyway!

True, but personalities on the station change every so often & time slots can change as was the case with the Robbie & Wendy breakfast program having recently being extended etc & there’s always new listeners to attract. So I feel self promotion by the station of it’s programs/announcers with the DAB+ slideshow is a great use of slideshow DAB feature for this genre of station - just my personal view.

I wonder if anyone at ABC HQ reads these messages?

2 Likes

Refreshed 2005 graphic presentation. Nine’s ‘balls’ would roll around inside the 9 numeral.

36 Likes

Please make this happen!

Looks amazing! Fresh and needs to happen, I agree!

Had this random idea for a rebrand of 9Honey

14 Likes

6 Likes

Needs to be red, eh. :canada:

3 Likes

suppose so! but then you don’t see 9Honey in red and yellow colours (spain, supposedly the first place humans interacted with bees)

Red + bonus (love photoshop custom shapes!)

4 Likes

My photoshop skills are becoming better. I thought I would design a new title for WIN News

5 Likes

Of course these mocks (well, more like re-edits: Thanks to @abesty & @TV.Cynic for the original screencaptures! :slight_smile:) aren’t quite broadcast quality, but I figured it was still worth having a go at imagining how the Nine News branding could be incorporated on NBN:
MOCK9NewsNBNCentralCoastTitlecardMOCK9NewsNBNGoldCoastTitlecard
MOCK9NewsNBNNorthCoastTitlecardMOCK9NewsNBNNorthWestTitlecard

Ideally there would be separate “Mid North Coast” and “Far North Coast” versions (rather than the “North Coast” one I had to settle on) and of course a “Newcastle/Hunter” version of the titlecard, but those edits are about the best I can do without access to the actual fonts used in the current Nine News graphics package.

I’m not sure how the “NBN” text could be incorporated in other Nine News logo elements (which I presume would have to be done for the benefit of the Gold/Central Coast viewing areas) without looking awkward though…

12 Likes