Random Mocks

I’d rather that than mappy…

Hmmm… like choosing which STI you’d rather have.

12 Likes

2017 Subaru WRX thanks.

2 Likes

An unfortunate brand for Subaru given the medical meaning which will come to mind instead for most people.
“I’ve got an STI.”, “Ooh, really? Good luck with that. Bye.”

3 Likes

At least STI’s can be treated and eventually disappear… unlike WIN’s “watermarks.”

4 Likes

You can treat it with an ointment called Ten Play, but it’s not a permanent fix. uTorrent is also good but risky.

5 Likes

Well, my Dr. Phil STI can’t be treated by anything.

I also have signs of a Judge Judy STI hmmmm.

1 Like

I have taken inspiration from @Laoma’s suggestion back in December that 2CH rebrand to “Classic Hits 2CH”.
It involves a return to the old Harbour Bridge logo, but with some tweaks to reflect the new format.

The images are designed to be used as billboards, but can easily be adapted for newspaper adverts, online branding etc.

I have kept the same presenters as are presently on air, and images are the most recent hi-res images I could find on the 2CH facebook page - so aren’t the best that could done with proper studio promo shots.

The quotes I have made up, but they are factually accurate.

9 Likes

Great job with those! :slight_smile:

“There’s no young talent on this station”

1 Like

Smashie and Nicey would be proud!

During the Presidential inauguration, there was a chance to compare a number of on-screen graphic packages. The AUS ones from Seven and Nine looked OK but I thought that Seven’s was at least as good as international broadcasters. What let Nine’s down was the white square in the bottom left that took up too much screen space. Compare Nine and Seven

Nine Sydney’s new headline graphics inspired me to do a quick mock with a bit of that style as inspiration. Nine could probably also ditch the ALL CAPS for the second line IMO.

6 Likes

I don’t see many networks using Sentence Case. anymore. I think it’s just clearer and looks bolder to use capitals on all graphics nowadays, especially considering the recent trend is toward simplicity and larger fonts.

1 Like

ALL CAPS is the most common but several broadcasters use sentence case like BBC and CBS as well as ABC and Seven in Australia.

2 Likes

True, I’d forgotten about the ABC.

The BBC changed its ticker from sentence case back to capitals not long after World News moved to Broadcasting House, so it’s a mixed story there.

Nine News Canberra should have this be their regular shot.

16 Likes

YES! That’s exactly how they do should it!
Zoom it out a bit to show the desk, and the screen prominently.
Green screen a city backdrop on the TV and change it out for a story OTS when required.

That would be 100x better than what they do now!

As a Canberran I definitely would love to see this backdrop compared to what they use now! Great job mate :slight_smile:

Surely something like this would have been better for ‘three’?

#quietlygagginginthecorner

9 Likes

Assorted ideas for a Prime News logo

13 Likes