Random Mocks

If Sky were to do it’s own little F&F instead of First Edition.

6 Likes

Well, it may seem a little out of place to insert my favourite cartoon, and there are definitely a few flaws, but otherwise I “painstakingly” re-created the Channel Nine PRGs from 2009-present. Maybe if I have the time I will do the other networks’ PRGs, and also the multi-channels too.

(if you notice the “HD” position, I can tell you it’s not “capped” from metro Nine)

Here is the video (sorry, I have not made a YouTube account yet):

6 Likes

your favourite cartoon replaced my favourite cartoon (rip Kim Possible)

Real talk tho, well done this is pretty good stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks. That gives me an idea. If you want, I might do Channel Nine PRGs for Kim Possible, circa 2005-2008.

(Sorry about the “post withdrawn by author”, because I’m on mobile and I don’t know how to use the website properly, it’s a bit of a hassle using it)

1 Like

A really basic mock of what I’d put in place if Ten were to finally expand their news output, which graphically revolves around a greater utilisation of the title beneath the main logo:

On TEN:
Local edition at 9:30

(if they were to rebrand as a different program or use a different format rather than a straight bulletin)

I was also thinking that perhaps they could even make the 9:30 edition their flagship bulletin (therefore not needing an additional title, instead the 5:00 bulletin retains its current one):

Breaking News

A new program/format that emphasised action/live news

(I thought ‘newshit’ sounded original and effective but I suppose that would only work on radio for obvious reasons :laughing:)

On ELEVEN:
I think Ten can easily expand its news service onto its multichannels through short bursts of news that would be cheap to produce (or low budget programmes perhaps). I’d imagine the branding/format would be more effective if it was unique to each multichannel, as it would re emphasise the channel the viewer was on, whilst still tying back to the main news service.

On ELEVEN, I imagine these being very fast paced, topical and social-media driven:

On ONE:

Ultimately I think it’s necessary for Ten to expand their news output generally as the costs must be piling up with only one-hour of news that has pretty dire ratings at times. Many of these sort of changes are relatively cheap and all serve to reaffirm the news service to the viewer.

15 Likes

Maybe Ten should do those short Buzzfeed type news videos on Facebook and Youtube under your suggested Newsbeat/Newsfeed brand. Similar type videos are working really well for Channel 4 News in the UK

3 Likes

Yeah it was discussed that a while back- they work really well, as Buzzfeed, AJ+, NowThis, and even ABC News in Australia have demonstrated. I’m still perhaps a little surprised that The Project in particular hasn’t done it already- it seems right up their alley.

Nice mock! Wish Ten would actually bring the late news back instead of bringing back duo presenters.

8 Likes

Well, here’s my quick attempt at a 2SM ad for Lawsie:

In the same basic style, but without Times New Roman and with less clutter because I’m sure the potential listeners that 2SM are marketing towards really couldn’t care less about how many online hits they get or that the wider network covers “95%” of the state.

Of course, comments, criticisms and attempts from others would be most welcomed! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks awesome, except it isn’t a mock! :cry:

1 Like

I recommend that you use Photoshop. Photoshop can be complicated to a beginner though, so I also recommend Paint.NET - it’s a pretty awesome free image creator. You just need to keep practicing using the tools they offer to create what you want :smiley:

I use The Gimp for any of my image editing needs. It’s a great free Photoshop alternative (plus I’m povo)

1 Like

7Flix Halloween PRG:

16 Likes

My ABC News 24 mock

21 Likes

I think that ad may have been more geared towards potential advertisers, though it was so attrocious that I doubt it would convince anyone to give them their money.
Yours is a much better cleaner alternative based on the same design idea.

1 Like

Found this SBS Ident mock on YouTube courtesy of uploader Hafiz Izzudin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-KAFLNfVA

That barely constitutes as a mock.

1 Like

Love.

Particularly like the grey. That’s the direction we’re heading in, so whatever we get will be similar.

1 Like

If they go full-BBC on us:

Or just a refresh of the existing look:

14 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes