Random Mocks

Thanks!

Yeah, I abandoned that whole mock pretty quickly. It’s hard finding fonts that work well with the 7 logo while also creating something different and new, I will persevere though!

Picky alert!

Love everything about it except one thing - it looks skewed because the long segment is slightly too long. I think it’s best explained in this pic showing the real 7 logo in black over the top of yours:

That’s not entirely accidental (the dodgy angle on the top left is though, will fix that!).

The whole thing just felt very top heavy to me with all the extra detail/lighter colours in the top half so I adjusted some of the proportions.

Haha, fair enough. Just thought I’d point it out.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind @eddel

Seven mocks from the 2012/current package:

9 Likes

Reworked 7SPORT logos using Seven’s new Chronica Pro font:

14 Likes

Not at all, looks great!

1 Like

Some mocks inspired by the colours seen in the recent 9 Gold Coast news special

7 Likes

Very nice though some of the text is difficult to read in places due to the light colourings

2 Likes

Need feedback on which one I should go with for a 7/C4 mock.

EDIT The black would be obviously white in the future

1 Like

Yes - needs some work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic mocks! Looks similar to the 2000-2003 on air look. 7 leaving Yahoo and signing with NBC Universal could be possible in the future.

3 Likes

My first attempt at a mock:

16 Likes

Very nice I would have made the ticker tape bigger and make the main banner text less stretched out.

Thanks, GradyACN. By less stretched out, you just mean smaller?

And a mock-up with the presenter and a local live shot in the background:

5 Likes

the banner that says M1 closed the text looks stretched to me,

the ticker tape and weather could come up a font size or two

Hmm, not sure why. It says that the text is at a 1:1 ratio in the Character panel:

Could just be me.

My “What if?” mock-up – if 7 retained its old circle logo:

14 Likes