Random Mocks

I’d move the ‘breaking’ to the left to sit where the ‘news’ is to better align with the super. The background for the cross is a bit busy too. I like that the logo has been flattened though.

1 Like

Stuff is a bit low and small imo, good starting point though.

Really love the bones of this! You could mess around with the fonts a bit perhaps, but is a nice evolution of the current graphics, good work.

1 Like

Did a little mockup when the new CBS Mornings ticker was out on TVNewsTalk before the main supers…

Like what I said on the CBS News thread, I felt its pointy end looks like 10 News, so I tried some of its aspects like the gradients on the headline.

The colour around the edge was originally a strip at the end, but I figured it should be in the same style as the ticker. Also following it was the straight edge between the brand and the headline, contrary to 10’s slanted one.

Fun fact: I originally positioned the Mornings wordmark under a gigantic CBS logo, but I decided to stack it up and added the sun icon underneath - basically calling the official version :joy:

8 Likes

10 news first inspired by CBS Mornings

25 Likes

This is amazing!

I’m not a big fan of the spacing used for “News First” but other then that this looks really good.

2 Likes

An idea for a more rounded look for Ten News First.

28 Likes

I don’t mind it, nice refresh.

Though the bottom line of the strap would need to be slightly bolder IMO.

5 Likes

@killy06 And what about the font? It looks different from Network 10’s and seems to be unmatched.

I think that’s the point @PaddyTePou, it’s a refresh so nice to see a new typeface used.

5 Likes

Matches the 10 logo and a nice spin on the CBS super update. Maybe a touch too much white space in the strap. You either need a taller font or less kerning with the font bigger. Maybe bold the second line so it’s not lost.

2 Likes

Looks great.
Only thing I think it needs is all of the light weight text to be bold. It’s not legible enough.

3 Likes

Interesting concept - not sure about the font choice though, too different from the News First text.
Also the “Afternoons” doesn’t work with that alignment.

2 Likes

This is pleasing to the eye.

2 Likes

Is it necessary at all? The mock looks much cleaner than what they currently have but why do 10 even have it at all? It’s obviously a bulletin at XX time of day.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Agree re the fonts; was trying something different by having it light weight but think it’s more legible bold. Dropped the bulletin title too.

12 Likes

Looks awesome great work.

2 Likes

My version of the new NRL graphics:

Intro

Commentators/Golden Point Super

Player sent off Super

Player sin binned Super

Player stats Super

In-program sporting event Super

Musical performance

Sunday Football Super

Nine News advisory Super

Basically, the less space used on the graphics supers, the better.

4 Likes

Sorry the font weight is way too light and the colour scheme is too hard to distinguish from the field.

I would agree with the font, it’s too light for the use case. The grey on the scorebug is inconsistent with the rest of the colour scheme and overall it swings too far to the simple side. Plus, the layout of the scorebug seems more suited to soccer than rugby league.

2 Likes