Random Mocks

great concept… feel the word should be within the circle, and the circle should be centred all around.

3 Likes

I like this, but the rest of the package has too much yellow/orange

1 Like

Looks very 2003.

13 Likes

yeah it’s a good mock, but admittedly got Sunrise 2003 vibes from the title card

3 Likes

I think maybe drop the circle behind the logo and it’ll update it instantly. The gradient and the style of that circle behind just date it too much.
I know its hard though with getting the “logo” to stand out which is what I tired to do in my mock mid last year:

I do love what you have done with the dots to create a kind of globe behind the 9 logo and on the backdrop though.

1 Like

Beautiful. And ABC News should be in HD. It’s 2024 now and still no HD

The ABC News channel used to be in HD but I think it downgraded to SD in 2017 - maybe around the time they dropped the “24” from its name?

It switched to SD at the same time ABC HD launched. 6th December, 2016.

4 Likes

Just another 1 News mock, Trying to keep the simple theme that they were going for with a bit more elegance.

16 Likes

this :point_up: this is what they need love it fits the brand so well

3 Likes

So much better!!

2 Likes

I’d prefer it if the text was a little bit bigger - it would be hard to read sitting across the lounge, especially the lower captions. Otherwise, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than what’s on TV now!

3 Likes

Really nice stuff. I’d use upper case a little more though, but that’s my personal preference.

2 Likes

I have done a mock related to Nine’s television division, ahead of Nine’s relaunch, with a background similar to the 9Now app. It includes Nine’s free-to-air channels and 9Now’s FAST channels, Pedestrian Television and Seinfeld 24/7. The mock has logos that are all flat, except for 9GemHD, which has a glossy logo, because I could not find a flat logo for that channel.

Off-topic: Here is the Canva design link, if you cannot see the above image, or if you want to tweak my design: Nine channels mock - Canva

3 Likes

Is this mock meant to be On-air or something like a corporate website?

Possibly a relaunch ident for Nine. I would like to see something similar, as how they launch the new branding on Channel 9/90/91.

1 Like

It’s a bit too busy for a relaunch ident in my opinion, plus the main 9 logo on the bottom should be white

2 Likes

A few thoughts,

If this was for on-air, consider safe zones or most of the logos at the bottom would be cut off.

As well, the 9HD logo is pretty redundant nowadays and Pedestrian and Seinfielf are just FAST channels I’m not sure they’re required here.

With so many colours going on, it also may make more sense to invert all the colours to be white as well for a cleaner and cohesive look.

7 Likes

I have considered your steps and revised my Nine mock. I have considered the safe areas by re-adjusting the icons, and by removing the HD and FAST channels.

Off-topic: Use the Canva link from my previous post, if you want to tweak my design, or you cannot see the above image.

5 Likes

here’s my take on it:

31 Likes