Random Mocks

Thought I’d have a go at trying to better adapt the 1998 variant of the ABC News 1985-2005 theme with tweaks to the current opener…

10 Likes

Is the ABC finally going to use the Pendulum remix? :rofl:

6 Likes

If they did, that’ll get people watching ABC News at 7:00 every night.

1 Like
2 Likes

A little too up beat in my opinion for the type of headlines displayed though an interesting experiment.

Cool though how you managed to isolate the main theme from the voiceover.

I feel it would suit something a little more soft, like a lifestyle program of some sort.

3 Likes

I’m not certain that Icehouse would allow an instrumental of ‘Electric Blue’ to be used as a news theme, though.

5 Likes

trying to predict what the supers might look like - still a WIP, with little to work on from the trails

16 Likes

I like the super for the reporters name but the headline super is a bit cluttered. Would rather have a different colour or something for the second line super… can’t wait to see it in action soon

3 Likes

Nine’s new Olympics watermark would look better if it were stacked, as at least one other user here suggested.

8 Likes

I think I’d personally flip them, rings above the Nine logo.

Here’s my version, but should have been a bit smaller in my opinion.

4 Likes

The IOC rules state positioning of the rings with logos, I don’t think they are allowed to have the rings above.

3 Likes

6 Likes

If Today decides to take inspiration from Sunrise in the new year…

17 Likes

So simple, but very effective! I love it. Nice job :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Taking inspiration from the new news promo

19 Likes

STW-9 and NWS-9 version of the Olympics 2024 watermark.

I thought they use blue already. The logo

Brilliant

A couple of more ideas for Today incorporating the new circular look of Nine News…

19 Likes