Random Mocks

I like the overall concept and definitely agree that ITV News needs to have uniform branding across bulletins and programs but I’m not sure Brown suits a late news program like News at Ten. I’m also getting ITV Encore-ish vibes from the colour palate that you’ve chosen here (I don’t know why) which IMO doesn’t suit a news program at all.

Perhaps if you used darker shades of blue similar to the ones ITV1 currently uses for their general presentation package it may fit the brand better.

Fantastic mocks though. Well done! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! The reason why I initially avoided going with blue/teal because I feared rendering the idea to a recreation of the teal GMB graphics, just with a different brand. But looks like this seems to be a popular suggestion, plus one for the brand consistency in ITV News.

I’ve been experimenting with the gradients, base on the colour palette in the current NaT opener and the long ITV1 breakbumper. Any thoughts?

(Sorry for the repeated faces of the 45th!)

8 Likes

You could try the shade of blue that is on the face of the clock if you want to keep that theming

8 Likes

couple of ideas based on my 10 news mock from earlier this year for a late bulletin:

32 Likes

:hot_face:

I’d be so happy if they refreshed their news brand with the circleless logo and dropped the ‘first’ part.

These are excellent.

8 Likes

So they didn’t update the script or anything? Just re-filmed it shot for shot.

1 Like

Yeah.

1 Like

An idea for if the late news does return to 10

20 Likes

In all seriousness, I reckon a late news with Natalie Forrest from Perth would be the most viable option.

5 Likes

Might as well jump on the 10 Late News bandwagon. :joy: As you can see strongly influenced on the CBS Evening News look. This would be the show graphic.

Here is the opening title and first L3 introducing the bulletin & date.

Bonus mock for Midday.

26 Likes

Looks hot! :fire:

Would be interesting to see 10 look into more CBS Evening News inspiration again.

The current 10 News First chime sound heard at the beginning of bulletins is based on the Evening News theme from 2017:

4 Likes

a man can dream :heart_eyes:
good job!

3 Likes

Fantastic work

3 Likes

10 had the Evening News branding in 2011 as part of their infamous news revolution experiment

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure which thread was most appropriate to share this, but I wanted to share @Zampakid X profile because he’s made some truely amazing “mocks” using Photoshop generative AI to give us a glimpse at what pre-widescreen graphics could’ve looked like in widescreen.

Some really amazing stuff!

https://x.com/Zampakid?t=ZQdBNzIv1rfCrwWBiMbEWg&s=09

6 Likes

For those who don’t have “X”

23 Likes

Those National Nine News ones are remarkable.

4 Likes

Those old station IDs look pretty good in widescreen.

3 Likes

that’s pretty cool! Be great to see some more!

2 Likes

Gave this a go as well for some NZ news bits

12 Likes