Random Mocks

If FOX8 had a signpost for their package…

3 Likes

Is there meant to be something or someone on the left side of the forward slash? Literally blank.

2 Likes

Well, this signpost is just my idea and the personality on the left side is similar to what Nine does with their signposts. It’s meant to be there with my idea.

It was a John Cena joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LitDGyxFh4

4 Likes

Sorry dude, I’m aware of the meme, but I was out of it.

3 Likes

Just stumbled upon this. Mocking has come along way in 6 years.

6 Likes

I remember capping that. It was my first glimpse of Imparja after working out how to tune it in on the satellite dish. Thankfully they didn’t use the sphere logo on top of boxy like that in anything else. :confounded:

Prime7 News’ current supers are pretty atrocious, so I decided to have a go at a Seven News-esque one:

Yes I’m aware that the location strap is a bit longer than it needs to be, but for whatever reason Prime7 News don’t/can’t shorten the length of the location strap on their actual current supers so I figured that I may as well have a “full length” bit on the mock for realism. As always, thoughts, comments and criticisms are welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@SydneyOnAirTV - Your work is fantastic - was scrolling up and looking at the brilliant stuff you do - was wondering if I could place a request?

Would love to see you take a stab at a title card and GFX package for WIN’s All Australian News at 7am - morphed into more of a morning news show. Rebrand it as WIN Morning News - Ten News inspired colors - but different to Today and Sunrise. A bug, ticker, weather flipper for WIN cities, cock and opening title card - would love to see what you come up with!

2 Likes

I am also keen to see what you come up with :thinking:

13 Likes

Much appreciated KICK-IT. :slight_smile:

It does take some time to make a decent mock, so I’ll see how I go with time. Been quite busy! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Had this WIN lineup lying around:

23 Likes

Fantastic mock as usual! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SydneyOnAirTV it will be worth waiting for! You work
Is incredible

3 Likes

I hope you don’t mind @SydneyOnAirTV I had a crack at one. Tell me what you think of it @KICK-IT

*I forgot a title card (Had one based off ITV News but I overwrote it)

2 Likes

I like it! Very good.

What does break in 4.00 mean? And maybe the weather should be full name of city. As 3 letter abbreviations are not widely known for second tier cities.

Also the look
Should be a bit more like win’s new super look for 6pm I think - this looks a little like
ten’s breakfast from a
Few years ago

I’d lose the ten news look logo as clearly for now win are not going with that. And win should be the regular win not in a circle, and “morning” in size

I think basically it should
Be the 6pm super
Look adapted with same
Colors and fonts but ticker weather flipper and clock

And maybe just over the current win news backdrop

Thanks

The “Break In 4:00” is exactly that, the break is in 4 minutes time. As for the weather, only people in that particular region would need to know and they know what abbreviations are for their town.

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:489, topic:334, full:true”]
Also the look should be a bit more like WIN’s new super look for 6pm I think - this looks a little like TEN’s breakfast from a few years ago[/quote]As it would be a re-brand, I think it needs a different look that what the have now. If they were going to re-brand it as morning news they could borrow a look from one of TEN’s failed ventures. Breakfast was forgotten about so quickly that I think TEN would authorize the graphics for WIN’s use.

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:489, topic:334, full:true”]
I’d lose the TEN News look logo as clearly for now WIN are not going with that. And WIN should be the regular WIN not in a circle, and “morning” in size

I think basically it should be the 6pm super look adapted with same colors and fonts but ticker weather flipper and clock, and maybe just over the current WIN News backdrop
[/quote] I use a TEN-esque logo because that’s what they will be going for over time (if the bulletins are kept). But they wouldn’t want their logo small and above the news, as they would want WIN front and centre. The current WIN backdrop is so old and dated it’s not funny, again I would like to see their news align more closely to TEN’s hence the different backdrop.

I’ll can’t wait to see what @SydneyOnAirTV come up with though.

why would you want to be counting down to the commercial breaks?

3 Likes

TV networks would never do a countdown to the ad breaks…EVER! If anything, they want you to stay watching during the breaks!

3 Likes

Really, what if I’m travelling somewhere or have relatives in another town etc? - I might want to know the weather of somewhere that I don’t live. Or people might be interested to know what the town was if it was particularly hot or cold. Plenty of reasons to be interested in the weather somewhere else and not know what the abbreviation might be.

[quote=“SA_TV, post:491, topic:334”]
why would you want to be counting down to the commercial breaks?
[/quote]Not to mention that it’s not possible during a live show where segments aren’t hard timed and can get drawn out for any number of reasons.

3 Likes