Random Mocks

I made this mock for BBC2 to remove the inconsistencies of their current presentation. A similar menu/signpost style will be created. I originally uploaded this on TV Forum.

3 Likes

If the Time/Weather thing was to really be shown on Seven News Sydney, you’d have to show both the City & West temperatures! :wink:

But aside from that minor point, it’s a brilliant mock. Best one of 2016 so far!

1 Like

That looks bloody brilliant!

The only thing that needs to be changed is the LIVE bug and the Temperatures, it’s way too minimal for Seven to ever do.
I would have the live bug return to the top right, or make it alternate with the 7 news logo. Make its current red box maintain the time or the whole area can be the white strap for the weather alternating with the time.

Channel Ten 2D On-Air Presentation re-fresh…

10 Likes

Actually don’t mind them at all! Great work @SydneyOnAirTV. Very clean & fresh looking.

Rather than just having the tenplay web address, I would love to see TEN add the tenplay logo and something similar to ‘Catch up online’ etc.

1 Like

Looks great, although I still wish that 2015 mock would become a reality

1 Like

Very nice @RegionalTV

@Sydneycitytv very nicely done

1 Like

Very nice @SydneyCityTV Ten’s 2d 2012 look modernised.

1 Like

I prefer the ones where the people are in front of the graphic rather than the ones with Graham Norton (the block on top of his graphic)

2 Likes

This I like. :astonished:

1 Like

Just playing around with some ideas for Sky… not really happy with anything they’re offering at the moment…
yay or nay?

4 Likes

Good mock, even though I would use the Sky font instead of Gill Sans.

They actual Sky logo font is hard to read so just went for something smooth and clear.

Some seven logos…

4 Likes

I like what you were going for, but I don’t think that, at least for the TV channels, much needs to be changed.

Perhaps bringing News and Sport in line, sure.

My own recent attempt at a more radical change for Seven:

The 7mate logo isn’t perfect, have been trying to build a package around this whole concept of fluid lines but the things I’m picturing in my head are beyond the realms of my technical capabilities! I might get there eventually.

14 Likes

love the concepts. great idea. 7TWO should depart from that font IMO.

I like the concept. I’d make the two, mate and four logos more like the HD text in the first one: smaller and aligned to the top… Could look ok. Four font is too light and would disappear on screen.

1 Like

Was thinking it might be cool for Sky News to recreate some of their old ids/openers as part of their 20th Anniversary which is coming up next month…

5 Likes

I certainly think they should go back to the Australian map rather than ‘live’ for the main channel - but I was under the impression that Sky Channel meant that things like Sky Business and Sky Weather, despite being far better names, weren’t possible.

Here’s some random Sky News while I’m here -

4 Likes