Random Mocks

I wish the ABC didn’t give so much space to their medium in their logos.

13 Likes

They do use a white logo sometimes. Usually in promos though, not as the bug. Red will always be the colour during the news.

2 Likes

Now that I had a bit of experience with making mocks, I decided to have another shot at making a title card for ABC News. Here is one I made for the NSW bulletin:

7 Likes

That’s nice, however the one change I’d making is saying “Nightly 7PM” instead of “Monday to Sunday 7PM”.

2 Likes

Agree, I’d also personally swap the text around so the presenters are first and then the time.

1 Like

Like this?

8 Likes

I meant swap the text for the presenters and the bulletin time around, not the two boxes.

“with Juanita Phillips and Jeremy Fernandez. Nightly 7pm”.

Maybe the text doesn’t need a box, just some white text over the image would look good I think.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be considered just adding text and proclaiming I’ve made a mock?

2 Likes

Nope, depending on the execution it could be considered good design.

10 added some basic text under the logo for their new style end-boards. Simple and effective.

2 Likes

I like it, but I would move the NEWS to be closer to the 7 logo or make it slightly bigger. It appears very out on its own with that big gap. Unpopular opinion, but I like the new font Seven are using across their presentation at the moment, so I would also keep the logo in that font too.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll experiment with a few mocks I made and see whether or not they don’t need a text box.

That’s looks really good, they should do a program like Asian insight it could be the successor to newsline.

2 Likes

I mean Newsline did cover a lot of Asian news but I think Business Today on the now-discontinued Australia Plus could be its predecessor.

1 Like

Some people may not remember, but… :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Boy, do I remember your original version of this :laughing:

But well done on the improvement!

1 Like

I reckon that this new look of the abc news late edition sounds pretty good. It shows a picture of Coca Cola store during the late night.

1 Like

Not a great look for our national public broadcaster. Very Sydney-centric and shows a brand.

4 Likes

Ok then, I created this card instead. Now ordinary people might think that it’s a random city in another country…

8 Likes

Playing around with some GMA ideas!

26 Likes

Great work! Though in the real world I think Studio 10 will continue on 10 for the long run.

2 Likes