Random Mocks

As much as I also love Gotham, they should go for something fresh.
10 used it for Eyewitness News and Seven has used it for god knows how long now.

6 Likes

Good luck with your mock @TrueBlue, curious to see what you come up with! :art::sparkles:

I also have a new-look 7NEWS mock that has been in the works for over the course of several months as it has gone through various iterations up until its current near-final form, and I look forward to sharing it with you all soon! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Quick website banner ad for the breakfast show on 2GF:

Feedback would be appreciated, especially from @Paul_Covo_Covington! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If Nine were to use the Nine Entertainment logo instead.
9newsnew

9 Likes

If the ratings disaster of TODAY continues and Nine want to change it, they could try branding Today under 9 News.
9newstoday

9 Likes

Reminds me of a time where Sunrise was sometimes called “Seven News Sunrise” along with The Mission of the time.

5 Likes

I can imagine the Voiceover in the style of the NBC Today Show.
From Nine News.
This is Today.
With Karl Stefanovic.
And Alison Langdon.
Live from Studio 23 at TCN 9 Sydney.

9 Likes

if by sometimes you mean every morning, yes.

1 Like

Well there were some other names like Seven Sunrise or just Sunrise.

1 Like

@Leo_Puglisi6 Prime7 called! They want their bulletin back!

10 Likes

Inspired by this post in the ABC Local Radio thread, a pretty rough attempt at applying some older logo designs to the contemporary ABC Radio look:

28 Likes

I love this @AustralianAerial - looks great, plus it keeps the design of the current logo which I also love!

5 Likes

The woman in the space helmet made me think of Morons From Outer Space.

2 Likes

Good job at doing a modern version of the old ABC Regional Radio branding! :slight_smile:

Pity the capital city stations never did something similar, you’d think it would’ve been a no-brainer to incorporate imagery of the Harbour Bridge and/or Opera House in the logo for ABC Radio Sydney (well OK, 2BL 702 as it would’ve been during that era of branding), etc.

7 Likes

Oh my…they are brilliant. Send them into the ABC! You never know.

4 Likes

They look great, but I wonder how would they look with a red colour (so as to be closer to the current ABC Radio colour scheme).

4 Likes
1 Like

HMMM, what network does this make me thing of

1 Like

Prime7?

1 Like

I’m about to take the title of the Random Mocks thread quite literally. Here is a moc I have been working on due to some downtime.

CBN 8 began transmission in 1962, and was one of Australia’s first regional television stations that had broadcasting facilities that were regarded as world class at the time. The studio was built outside the town of Orange on a rural plot of land, unfortunately, in 2020 the studio’s were demolished to make way for a new bulky goods complex. Later on, the station renamed to Midstate Television, where at its peak, had produced its own news bulletin, several current affairs programs, rural farming programs, quiz shows, cooking shows, a leader in sports broadcasting and won acclaim for its “Around the School’s” program which would be later endorsed by the State’s Department of Education.

Nowadays, the station is simply known as PRIME7 Orange with a small office located in the Orange CBD.

Here is what I think the station should look like if it was still 100% regional in 2020.

Midtate Logo

Midstate 105.9 FM Logo

Midstate News Logo

Midstate News in-program graphics

Watermark & PRG’s

Other

Yes, I know the logo is a little bit different to a standard corporate media logo, but regional broadcasters were always different, it’s what made them unique.

31 Likes