Random Mocks

As I was scrolling down & noticed “The elephant in the room” I was almost expecting one time for there to be an elephant in between the hosts!

2 Likes

My personal favourite is the last one. Some great mocks here!

2 Likes

All look awesome! Your mock for the plasma between them is exactly what they should have done, it needed the depth to show what they were trying to achieve.

If I had to choose, either the first or third one :+1:t3:

2 Likes

They are all nice graphic designs, but I too like the second last one because you can still incorporate the live shot of Martin Place.

@killy06 I agree the vertical plasma looks nice and that is the idea behind their original graphic. But they obviously don’t have one available, otherwise I suspect they would have just used it imstead of creating a graphic.

2 Likes

The first ones. It’s a National Show so I wouldn’t put Sydney in it

3 Likes

3rd or last one to me. In my eyes, its important to have Martin Place there.

2 Likes

The last I checked, Martin Place (ie location of Seven’s news/current affairs HQ and the current backdrop of Sunrise) is in Sydney.

I’d imagine that even people interstate who don’t watch Sunrise know that Martin Place is in Sydney.

3 Likes

Yeh the Sydney thing is surely a non issue? I’m from Perth now living in Melbourne and couldn’t care less. I just think it should be more of a wider live shot all the time. (Like NBC Today).

2 Likes

Not to call you out in a mean-spirited way, but I think you’ll need a firmer grasp of media up and down the food chain before you’re caught up. Watch a few bulletins as recorded by @SamSamTV, read content from all the major sites from Mumbrella to the ABC to 7news.com.au to @blackbox, look up broadcast equipment… learn a whole bunch of things this industry uses.

It’ll help build your empathy and critical judgment with regards to any topic here in the MS community.

17 Likes

I agree, a good fit for 7two.

This is what I would do with the 7 channels

7 - as is
70 - as is
71 - as is
72 - 7lifestyle - lifestyle shows currently shown in 7two, 7food and 7flix
73 - 7flix - incorporating drama and comedy as well as reality tv encores and repeat game shows - 7flix and 7two merged less lifestyle content
74 - deleted
76 - deleted
78 - 7sport - a sports and recreation channel incorporating AFL, horse racing, cricket and sports lifestyle programs eg fishing etc. Can also show classic sports matches as filler offerings

5 Likes

I remember being of a certain age where this kind of thing would have been a good idea. Perhaps we should have a ‘fantasy mocks’ section to accompany the ‘random (but serious) mocks’ and the ‘tongue in cheek mocks’ threads?

4 Likes

could we go back to what this thread is meant to be about and not moan about a certain idea? i for one like the fantasy mocks idea

4 Likes

A quick Studio 10 - 10 News First hybrid ‘watermark’.

6 Likes

I second this

1 Like

I think this looks pretty good in hybrid version

2 Likes

I personally prefer something like: ( Studio) NEWS
___________________________ ( 10 ) FIRST

Edit: The text messed up. Hopefully you get the idea.

4 Likes

You mean like this?
Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 5.03.56 pm

13 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes

This?

Beat me to it!

11 Likes

You did a lot better than me!

I was also thinking of something a little different, like this:

10 Likes